First Accident

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme

Reaction score
I have slid off the road twice on ice and snow but until yesterday, I have never been in an accident involving another vehicle.

I went to the cattle board meeting yesterday afternoon to discuss our annual field day. I pulled into the parking lot, stopped to decide on where to park and an elder lady backed into the side of my pickup. I was not moving. If I had been drinking, I might have had the wisdom to blow my horn. :cboy:

10fos1s.jpg

Margonme":2g7u71nf said:
I have slid off the road twice on ice and snow but until yesterday, I have never been in an accident involving another vehicle.

I went to the cattle board meeting yesterday afternoon to discuss our annual field day. I pulled into the parking lot, stopped to decide on where to park and an elder lady backed into the side of my pickup. I was not moving. If I had been drinking, I might have had the wisdom to blow my horn. :cboy:

10fos1s.jpg

Maybe she was drinking?

I'm guessing she saw you coming but thought you had passed on by--unless she was backing out as you were approaching.
Bottom line tho, is she hit your vehicle.
It'll buff right out tho.

JMJ Farms":2f621ob1 said:
greybeard":2f621ob1 said:

Yep. Buff, wash and wax, and put the hammer down :mad:

What was she driving? A bus? Dented it almost to the top of the bed.

A KIA Sportage. Hardly marked her car!!!!!

Margonme":2icx74ld said:
JMJ Farms":2icx74ld said:
greybeard":2icx74ld said:

Yep. Buff, wash and wax, and put the hammer down :mad:

What was she driving? A bus? Dented it almost to the top of the bed.

A KIA Sportage. Hardly marked her car!!!!!

Imagine that. Ain't that the way it usually goes :bang:

I had an older, not elderly, lady hit me in the back several years back. I was pulling my gooseneck cattle trailer. She forevermore nailed me. Didn't even scratch the trailer or bend the back butterfly gates. Tore the front end of her car up bad. Smoke boiling out, bumper hanging, lights busted. I got out to check on her and once I found out she wasn't hurt I told her I would call the law to get an accident report. She quickly replied "Did it mess up your trailer?" I said, "No mam". Then she said "Well my car ain't hurt so if it's ok with you we just won't worry about it!" I figured she didn't have any insurance. Felt kinda sorry for her but I didn't know what else to do besides not getting her in trouble with the law. Figured she didn't need that hassle. So I helped her get it to a point where she could drive it safely and sent her on her way.

If I live long enough I'm gonna be old one day and I sure hope the younger folks will have a little respect and understanding for me so I try my best to be overly nice to older folks. I try to be nice to all folks regardless of age, but I've got a special place in my heart for older folks.

That truck is just right . you can drive it anywhere you want now without fear of scratched and dings . unless you do something stupid like fix it . your about to experience true freedom.

I had a similar trailer incident. I was making a left turn with a left access coming at me. He was supposed to yield and didn't look forward. He was looking backward and accelerating. The stake pockets and rub rails on the side of my flat bed did a number on that little Toyota. Windshield, passenger window front and back plus the back glass were all busted. Roof was crumbled downward as he lost integrity on the front windshield vertical, door posts, and back window vertical. Everything below the window level was okay. Everything above that took the brunt of the impact.

I had orange paint on my rub rails. He had called the cops and was waving his arms and pointing around. The cop just laughed and kept writing with his dash cam rolling too. I was turning left to go home and the guy was saying I should not go home from that intersection, the road was poorly designed, yada yada. The cop asked me if I needing anything and I told him, "Yep. I'd like to get home and away from this idiot. Can you shut him up?" He just smiled and waved me on my way.

callmefence":1dqr8l0w said:
That truck is just right . you can drive it anywhere you want now without fear of scratched and dings . unless you do something stupid like fix it . your about to experience true freedom.

Lol

I miss the integrity of older vehicles. Everything is plastic or thin metal now. When I was a kid I had an '81 Chevy pickup, coolest truck I've ever owned. I got rear ended by a guy who's brakes blew out and he hit me at about 30 MPH. I think it bent the bumper a hair and scratched some paint. I pocked the insurance money and rolled on. What a great truck.

Almost identical incident is also the only crash I have been involved in. She called the police who asked her what she wanted them to do. She said she wanted me charged for sitting still in a parking lot. Police were neice to her but told her there was no such thing.

JMJ, you are a very nice person to look out for and respect older people. We need all the help we can get. I appreciate you and am glad to call you a neighbor and friend.

Williamsv":15byxqbd said:
JMJ, you are a very nice person to look out for and respect older people. We need all the help we can get. I appreciate you and am glad to call you a neighbor and friend.

Thank you Mrs williamsv. I fail in many aspects of being a good person at times but I have never in my life been rude or disrespectful to an older person. I try to be nice and help people all the time, but sometimes I come up short :hide: But I draw the line at messing with kids and older people. You just don't do that :tiphat:

Got a check today for $2,486.18. I pulled most of the dent out. I think I will just keep on truckin.

callmefence":3pr9fvbc said:
On Reason and Passion, this is Reason.
Yes, I leave the dents, dings, and warts on my trucks too.........adds character.

I don't like dents on the cab of the truck.. around here any place the paint ain't good will be where rust starts, and that's the death of all vehicles up here

melking":21vo8s4w said:
Almost identical incident is also the only crash I have been involved in. She called the police who asked her what she wanted them to do. She said she wanted me charged for sitting still in a parking lot. Police were neice to her but told her there was no such thing.
Thanks. I needed that.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts