First A.I. calf of the season about to arrive

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
The first A.I. calf of the season looks like it will be here any time......(maybe already here, I need to go check). It is a Mitty In Focus cow that I bred to a heck of a Balancer bull called CMFS 6288. He makes incredible females. I am hoping for a heifer calf. Last night he udder looked ready to pop and she had allot of mucus running out of her. I heard her bawling before daylight this morning. She had a due date of Feb 18th so she could be 3 days early we shall see.

My wife called and said that she had the calf. I won't know what it is until I get home from work this afternoon. I love those new calves.

chippie":170fwotz said:
Congratulations! Hope you got your heifer : )
Yes I did chippie and here she is....looks to be a 65 to 70 lber. While looking for this one I walked up on my #71 cow having another A.I. calf. Same sire CMFS6288S Balancer. It was up and sucking in a few minutes. Looks to be a 75 lb or so bull.
CMFS6288SHeifer_zps5d8a78df.jpg

cowgirl_jenna":1n88hgbc said:
Nice!!!, looks like she found a good hiding spot too.
Her momma gave her up by staring in that direction and then walking toward her when I started getting 'warmer' during my search. I went out this morning and she was laying near the barn and her momma was off at the hayring so I grabbed my ear tagger and walked over to her. After a few minutes of petting her I popped the ear tag in and she never flinched just kept nuzzling my hand. Easiest calf I ever tagged. I have had several calves out of this CMFS6288S bull and he makes the BEST females I have seen. Everytime I A.I. using his semen I hope for a heifer. I sold this little calfs full sister back in the fall for $1,000 as a weanling and she was just a commercial calf. The momma is out of Mitty In Focus but she is just a commercial cow. I have about 20 straws left on this bull but I may buy some more. He is still alive and kicking at 8 years old and is still breeding cows in a herd about 45 minutes from me.

cowwrangler":q9x7qxks said:
congrats Hoss,i ended up with 2 atlas daughters and 1 bull,and 2 S30 sons
I am a big fan of Atlas. I am using an Atlas son on my own cows. I am curious on how your S30 sons turn out. I have been very tempted to use him on some of my cows. He has an almost flawless epd profile and he is phenotypically one of the better bulls out there.

Latest posts