fire

Help Support CattleToday:

spoon

Reaction score
Remember my neighbors in your prayers. Their house (log home) just burned to the ground this morning. In fact it is still smoldering. He used to have a dairy but just couldn't make any money any more and is hauling cattle for a living now. I hope he had insurance.

I lost my home to fire in '84. Not a fun thing to go through. Insurance helps but you get to find out how good they are at paying out. The good hands people weren't so good. But the things that really matter are not covered by insurance anyway and can't be replaced.

:(
Hate to hear it.That's gotta hurt. Fire is one of the main reasons I gave up on wanting a log home. Hope it works out for them and the ins thing does good.

greybeard":13fyga39 said:
Hate to hear it.That's gotta hurt. Fire is one of the main reasons I gave up on wanting a log home. Hope it works out for them and the ins thing does good.
yeah,, i feel like i live in a pile of kindling at times... God bless those folks..

greybeard":2nvbc60n said:
Agree, God bless them.

Loosing your home and belongings is far more traumatizing than people would think. Hopefully the community will provide for their immediate needs. Any one with pictures of their children, should make copies, and bring them to them ASAP.

Lost my house to fire twice in 6 months. Took me years before i could smell smoke without panicking

So sorry, horrific! Next door to farm where I grew up , house burned in 1969 life of childhood friend was taken. Prayers sent your way.

Dave":1ix6ivi3 said:
I lost my home to fire in '84. Not a fun thing to go through. Insurance helps but you get to find out how good they are at paying out. The good hands people weren't so good. But the things that really matter are not covered by insurance anyway and can't be replaced.

Ours burned in 81 it is an educating experience for sure.
I am still not quite sure how I stayed out of prison during that ordeal.
I threatened more than one person with bodily harm and meant it.
We had a 4 or 5% mortage when the house burned Gulf Coast Investment recalled the loan so the Insurance company payed them first. Interest rates had jumped to 16% and they offered to refinace us at the new rate.
We rebuilt and paid cash when the Mrs. and I moved back in we a little over a hundred dollar's in the savings account.
Fire and hurricane's is oneof the main reason's when we built this house it is all steel. Steel frame ,roof, siding and all electrical is ran in conduit all trim is in hardy board.

Thoughts are with your neighbors. While picking up a new bull a few years ago, my wife called me to say the FD was at our house. Extensive damage. We saved most of our belongings, but house was eventually taken down to the studs and rebuilt. Casue was a defective dishwasher; insurance company got manufacture to pay for everything. Although a tramatic event that I never want to go through again, "Fireball" turned out to be a very good bull.

:( I'm a volunteer fireman. seems our worst fires are at Christmas.

Latest posts