Finks 5522-6148

Help Support CattleToday:

BrandName1

Reaction score
What do you think of his progeny? Anyone any seen or had any problems w/ his daughters? I know he is old and I ask a lot of questions about bulls but I value knowledge of board. Thank you all very much. :D

We never used him and haven't seen many offspring. But from what I've seen and heard from people who used him, he's not a bull I'd object to having in a pedigree.

Frankie":372gnamt said:
We never used him and haven't seen many offspring. But from what I've seen and heard from people who used him, he's not a bull I'd object to having in a pedigree.
With a pedigree like this, a person would have trouble objecting to it. Many of the recent great bulls in it. The cows go back to many of the great bulls too that we can't see on this short pedigree.

Emulation N Bar 5522 #10095639
Finks 5522-6148 #11060295
Finks Proud Formera 614 10771285
G A R 6148 Emulation 1839 +13397333
D H D Traveler 6807 #10858958
G A R 6807 Traveler 154 +12304046
G A R Scotch Cap 309 +11356584

i will take that as a compliment la, thanx. :)

mtnman":7w2g8nsy said:
I would be worried about Scotch Cap.

mtnman

more info please...

a lot of people i have talked to have said that their Scotch Cap females are larger and more powerful, but are also still in the herd years later when all of the other growth daughters fell out.

We had several Scotch Cap cows over the years and liked them. My only question about them has been their udder. I've seen some that didn't have good udders. Most of them were at sales, though, that may be why they were being sold. Perhaps that's why the EXT cross on them was very popular in this part of the country.

Mtnman, good to hear from you again. I actually missed your sarcasm and cynicism.

good to have you back!

Thanks for the replies and all the info keep it coming, We are relativley new to the pure bred angus business and definantly small. But last year when researching bulls, I kept noticing this bull in the right place. We finally got a daughter this fall.

Aero, your bull I had noticed too and liked, when I saw him on the Online bullstud site I liked the sale of his daughters, how did that go?
Just to ask what would y'all cross w/ a 6148 daughter that would be descibe as: Feminine, moderate framed, has some depth but, needs more power and muscle shape? Carcass traits are a plus.

BrandName1":126jh89n said:
sale of his daughters, how did that go?
there were some organizational issues at that sale and the heifers brought about average prices. We have our own sale coming up in January where they will surely will do better.

mtnman":1cwwofey said:

mtnman
mtnman- With Scotch Cap appearing in the 5th generation, I am wondering what the degree of concern you would have for his appearing in a pedigree. He is 1/16th of the total genetic influence in this particular pedigree. If you were looking for some strong enough influence of a particular trait - say, for example, scrotal circumference - would a high OR low figure in that trait if it were expressed by Scotch Cap be significant enough for you to select OR reject him in a pedigree five generations in the future?

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3n5sgrjh said:
mtnman":3n5sgrjh said:

mtnman
mtnman- With Scotch Cap appearing in the 5th generation, I am wondering what the degree of concern you would have for his appearing in a pedigree.
DOC HARRIS
Just something for him to bitche about the Hoff cattle.