Finisher?

Help Support CattleToday:

HanknCali

Reaction score
Has anyone used Nutrena Nutrebeef to finish steers for slaughter? Looking for feedback on how it did for your beef.
Steers are red angus and currently on grass. We plan to transition them slowly to grain with free range hay available 24/7
Sorry for the questions on finishing but I'm trying to do it right the first time (since I only get one time) :nod:

My options are:

Nutrena Nutrebeef grower/finisher

4way and calf mana

12% sweet feed

Sweet cob

Feed in bulk is not available around here and neither is a co-op feed.
Please, Let me know what you think we should feed these guys for the last 60 days before slaughter.

Any input appreciated!

I would mix the Nutrena feed 50/50 with rolled or crimped corn. Once I got he calf on full feed (3% of bodyweight) I would start my 60 day countdown. Most cattle in a feedyard are fed 150+ days.

HanknCali":skkrgzbg said:
Has anyone used Nutrena Nutrebeef to finish steers for slaughter? Looking for feedback on how it did for your beef.
Steers are red angus and currently on grass. We plan to transition them slowly to grain with free range hay available 24/7
Sorry for the questions on finishing but I'm trying to do it right the first time (since I only get one time) :nod:

My options are:

Nutrena Nutrebeef grower/finisher

4way and calf mana

12% sweet feed

Sweet cob

Feed in bulk is not available around here and neither is a co-op feed.
Please, Let me know what you think we should feed these guys for the last 60 days before slaughter.

Any input appreciated!

I use the Nutrena grower/finisher straight from the bag for a month, then start mixing 50_50 with cracked corn. I start them out at 1% body weight and keep increasing it till they can't clean it all up. Then back off a little. I feed them for 90 days minimum. By the end of the 2nd month they should be around 2.5 % or greater body weight. I like my steers yo be about 12 months old at the start and finish at 15 months old. My steers are char/Angus and are around 1100 lbs. Finished weight. Hope this helps Hank. Good luck

Latest posts