Finished sprigging yesterday.

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
And it's raining today! Sprigged 60 acres in Greenfield Bermuda, and gotten 1/2 inch rain so far today!

Yep, now I need it to stop raining and the wind to die down next week long enough to put pre-emergent down. Then I need it to rain every week the rest of the year.

Yep, now I need it to stop raining and the wind to die down next week long enough to put pre-emergent down. Then I need it to rain every week the rest of the year. :D

Any sleet yet?
One cow had already calved in a thicket around noon and it was sleeting for a short time.Another cow is hanging out away from the other cows so she will probably calve today or tonight.It was in the 70's yesterday but I figured they would start calving in this cold rain.

TennesseeTuxedo":1sw5t85i said:
Isomade":1sw5t85i said:
Yep, now I need it to stop raining and the wind to die down next week long enough to put pre-emergent down. Then I need it to rain every week the rest of the year. :D

Hmmmmm....good luck with that.
Yep, pretty tall order...but I could live with that too till I wanted to cut some hay. :p

ousoonerfan22":347zj4vn said:
Any sleet yet?
One cow had already calved in a thicket around noon and it was sleeting for a short time.Another cow is hanging out away from the other cows so she will probably calve today or tonight.It was in the 70's yesterday but I figured they would start calving in this cold rain.
Here at work in Tulsa it sleeted on and off 5 or 6 times today.

ousoonerfan22":647eymrf said:
Any sleet yet?
No sleet but it rained like heck and the temp dropped to 40. Had a calf born in it and I don't know if she's gonna make it. Got her in the garage now.

Hope your grass withstands the chill ok. I'm wanting to sprig about 30 acres but I have to wait for some warmer weather and to get the rye grass off.

Latest posts