Finding County Shows?

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Could someone inform me on how you find a lot of the small shows that dont have any websites? As soon as Houston ends, many places start having small 1 day shows that I can take my bull to. I have found some online, but I know there are a lot of others that are so small they dont have a website. I dont know how I can find out about them and get entered. April - June and August - October are when all the small shows are, so I want to hit up as many as I can if I can find out about them in time.

Thanks

Talk to your local extension agent, or call the extension agent for counties you would be interested in attending. I know Rodney Finch, Grimes county extension agent, he is real big in to the shows and $-H and all that stuff. He would help you find anything there you were interested in. Also the guy in Austin County is the same way (Sorry, his name slipped my mind)

Showbox and other type magazines will have some in them. That is if you are thinking of spring and summer jackpots. I think they still call them that.

Scotty

Ive looked through showbox, but the problem with that is they are all steer or junior heifer shows. I need open shows that I can take my bull to, since they dont have junior bull shows.

1848 - thanks, but Ive been to that site and those are all the bigger county shows. I want to find shows like the one in Cleveland, TX. Where I go in Saturday morning, and leave Saturday afternoon.

Here are some small open shows that have bull shows:

Hunt County Fair in Greenville in early June

Van Zandt County Fair in Canton - June 18

Red River Valley Fair in Paris - last of August

East Texas State Fair in Tyler - September

You might try contacting the Extension office in those counties and they can direct you to who you need to contact to get entered.