Finally!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

strihafarms

Reaction score
B912E6F4-77B9-4751-9CFC-36B26A1A3F4C_zps3yr4b6ey.JPG

650BD177-C943-4EC6-8F8E-1055884B0BF5_zps6oenp7yl.JPG

EAEFB66A-D62B-44EC-A554-2D30662C004B_zpswqlkuoal.JPG

Nice looking Bull. Give us the skinny on him.

He is a February son of C-T Duke 1100. He had an 89 lb BW and 633lb WW. Not terribly impressive but being an ET calf I can overlook some. His CED is an 8, his BW is-2.3, WW is 72, and his YW is 124. His ET brother with a 76lb BW brought $12000. Any other questions just ask.

Awesome bull. How many are you going to have him cover? Heifers, cows, or both?

I plan to run him on 25-30 heifers for 21 days then I will put another bull with him til the 45 days is up. Then I plan to put him with some cows as insurance til breeding season is done. Try to get as many calves as possible out of him.

Don't blame you for getting as much use out of him as possible, but don't be shocked if he sheds weight fast this 1st breeding season.

I expect he will lose plenty of weight but if he is as good as I am hoping it won't be that bad then bring him home before fall and give him that extra nutrition to get him back in shape. I hope he makes a huge positive influence in my herd for years to come.

strihafarms":1grpcnj6 said:

From these pictures and your quoted statistics this could be a tremendous help for your breeding program! It is now incumbent upon you to BALANCE his genetics with those of your breeding herd and then Balance your replacement heifers from his daughters with another bull of equal quality!!

DOC HARRIS

My hope is to add an elite quality bull each year from now on by when you have to replace as much as I did this year one elite bull is all I could afford.

strihafarms":kwuitlpi said:
My hope is to add an elite quality bull each year from now on by when you have to replace as much as I did this year one elite bull is all I could afford.

Believe me, I understand your angst and eagerness to improve the genetics of your seed stock and the performance of your future progeny's $Values! The is the 'touchstone' of your entire future Beef Cattle business. This is the exciting and explosive opportunity that every breeder has with the advent of AI and the 50K Molecular Value Predictions available through DNA Markings. You can fine-tune your future breeding protocols by carefully studying the available AI bulls -World wide - and their genetic potential, BALANCED EPD's and DNA markings, and come up with a breeding cow herd exactly to your desires, without breaking the bank or going bankrupt. Using donors, flushing them, AND recipient females with AI can result in securing a breeding herd in six years or less that will make you MONEY!

And isn't that the name of the game?? Or - would you rather play "Button, Button, Who's Got The Button" for the rest of your Beef Cattle Breeding Life - and just take a chance on getting a few pretty good calves for replacement heifers which could require thirty years in finally achieving the quality cattle that you really desire?

Cattle prices are going to remain HIGH for a long time, primarily because the World population is NOT going to subside, and people must have Protein to subsist. Beef consumption is the "tastiest" method of acquiring and obtaining that mandatory protein for a human body to exist. And they are willing to pay good money to get something good to eat.

I like your Bull.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":cwbceod7 said:
strihafarms":cwbceod7 said:

Believe me, I understand your angst and eagerness to improve the genetics of your seed stock and the performance of your future progeny's $Values! The is the 'touchstone' of your entire future Beef Cattle business. This is the exciting and explosive opportunity that every breeder has with the advent of AI and the 50K Molecular Value Predictions available through DNA Markings. You can fine-tune your future breeding protocols by carefully studying the available AI bulls -World wide - and their genetic potential, BALANCED EPD's and DNA markings, and come up with a breeding cow herd exactly to your desires, without breaking the bank or going bankrupt. Using donors, flushing them, AND recipient females with AI can result in securing a breeding herd in six years or less that will make you MONEY!

And isn't that the name of the game?? Or - would you rather play "Button, Button, Who's Got The Button" for the rest of your Beef Cattle Breeding Life - and just take a chance on getting a few pretty good calves for replacement heifers which could require thirty years in finally achieving the quality cattle that you really desire?

Cattle prices are going to remain HIGH for a long time, primarily because the World population is NOT going to subside, and people must have Protein to subsist. Beef consumption is the "tastiest" method of acquiring and obtaining that mandatory protein for a human body to exist. And they are willing to pay good money to get something good to eat.

I like your Bull.

DOC HARRIS

Doc, lots have broke their bank on donors and test tube breeding. Real life has a way of messing with best made plans on paper.

Strihanfarms, nice bull and take it one year at a time my friend.

Ryan

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I don't claim to know much about breeding quality cattle but I do have an idea what I need to be successful in my environment and management philosophy. Hopefully I can continue moving forward and tweaking my breeding to stay profitable and most importantly, raising animals that I can be proud of. Again, thank you everyone.

Latest posts