Finally

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, it's been an unusual year.. we just had our first frost last night, and it was a very light one at that... Last year we had a good frost the second week of September, and then no more frosts for a long time until it was *darned* cold (0F) in mid november. They're predicting a mild winter.. I hope it's true, and I hope the white stuff doesn't come around until christmas.. I have enough grazing until then as long as the cows can find it.

Been frost here most every morning for the past couple of months. No snow till last weekend, but does not really last beyond lunch time on the ground.

I'm still picking squash out of the garden and I'm hopin to be shelling some purple hull peas in about 2 weeks.

Squash is petering out up here and the okra is dying off, but beans and peas are really blooming. We are hoping the tomatoes produce before first frost and we're loading up on turnip greens. Kale is doing good but the lettuce is floundering. Lowest day we've had temp wise was this morning at 53F.

Latest posts