Finally starting!!

Help Support CattleToday:

wobbie1775

Reaction score
Hello guys, I posted here before, from Texas, but the Marine Corps has moved me to NC, and I will be closing on my 13 acres on 29 Jan!! I would like to thank Rafter S for letting me come see his operation back in TX! I need to build fences and then get some cattle. I plan on doing 5 or 6 strand high tensile, and then getting some weaned calfs to pasture until ready for local slaughter. Criaglist type sales. I have 4 kids and one on the way, so I will be raising at least one for my own family and then anything else will be sold. I would like to thank all of you for the endless hours of reading and knowledge which has gotten me to this point!! Once I move into the new place I will update this post with pics, as I know that pictures are really what everyone wants to see! Thanks again!!
Rob

Congratulations. That's great. Thank you and God bless you for your service! That will be a great environment to raise your family. Wish you the best of luck with your farm. Looking forward to pictures of the new place.

A.J.":1o2i94ju said:
Congratulations. That's great. Thank you and God bless you for your service! That will be a great environment to raise your family. Wish you the best of luck with your farm. Looking forward to pictures of the new place.

Exactly! Ditto to the above. :D

12633525_10156434074440125_2797176877385719826_o.jpg

Trying to post a photo... Seeing if this works. If it does, this is the back of my place. I'm pretty sure this is about 4 acres cleared (in this photo).

No cattle yet, but I raised 3 hogs. I slaughtered this one last week. Never done it before, so this might look ugly to some of the pros out there. The hogs are practice for beef later on!! I have my front yard (1-2 acres) fenced with 5 strand high tensile, and I'm going to start on the back yard (4-5 acres)soon. We just had baby number 5 two days ago, and I am going on an extended work trip soon, but eventually I'll have some cattle! Until then I have the other 2 pigs left to get up to size, 2 turkeys and 30 or so chickens to keep me busy. Oh and the 5 kids lol. Thanks for letting me post on here :)
Rob

Good for you Rob. I hope mama and baby are doing well. I wish you continued success in your endeavor. It appears you have a nice place judging from the picture. May the man upstairs continue to bless you and your family and I too would like to thank you for your service to this country :tiphat: