Finally bought a new tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice. Low hours and looks well kept. I think it's rated at around 70+ hp pto. Should make you a good one. Congrats.

fitz

Thanks everyone it's not the orgianal paint it has been painted but it was professionally done. Plan on using it to pull my disc mower roll hay and do field work have 3 bottoms plow 12 ft disc and corn picker. I can't wait to use it been doing all that work with a 5303 john deere it's around 60 hp but really under weight to handle a lot of those jobs but I have gotten by. Going to roll hay tomarrow with it so Iam excidit !

skyhightree1":9ex9tqif said:
M5farm":9ex9tqif said:
Should be about a hundred # each

He's probably right is it the thin weights or thick ones?

There pretty thick I will have to look at them closer tomarrow I think there are 8 of them on it I will have to make sure

They will be about 1 1/2 to 2 inchs thick . While I have limited experience on ford I have hung quite a few front weights on jd, massy, and white tractors. I have never actually weighed one but they are heavy I have a few extras around here that I use as extra weight on my box blade or in the bed of of my pick up when pulling wagons.

yea I dropped a weight on the top of my foot not a pleasant experience and I can tell you for sure no matter what size it is they are heavy as SHYT... Weights are high as crap around here when I can find them for 100 bucks each I buy every one I can.

Looks nice!, very similar design to our IH 684, and that's about 70 HP... (I turned up the pump on it a little), I think most weights are about 100 lbs... I had the rear weight from our JD350 track loader I put on the front of the IH, it's about 4-500 lbs and it isn't too much when I have the plow on the back... Our plow is a 2btm 18" rollover kvernland and the tractor just cruises pulling it at 4 mph... I think you'll like this tractor, it's a good all-around unit if it's anything like our IH..

Latest posts