Few pics from NW Minnesota

Help Support CattleToday:

LazyARanch

Reaction score
Was having problems for a bit trying to post pics.... and I'm gonna try again!

I am nothing if not stubborn!! LOL

Hereford cow we bought last year (bred AI) checking out the protein tub
IMG_0708-.jpg

and her 3-20-10 bull calf, both eyes pigmented
IMG_0740.JPG

#13 AngusX cow and her Bextor heifer (really pleased with this girl!)
IMG_0749.JPG

Bextor heifer
IMG_0738.JPG

Today we moved our yearlings to their summer pasture, not greened up YET but it has
plenty of water and we'll haul hay to them until it's no longer necessary
IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

and some of our Herefords and a herf cross bedded down like a bunch of ol' hens! :lol:
IMG_0711--.jpg

I am from SE ND, So I understand the plenty of water, we are still flooding. Yearlings look good. I am not having any luck posting pics myself.

Well Howdy Neighbor!!

We were pretty lucky in the Grand Forks area (where I work). No problems at the ranch at all.

Just would like it to WARM up and GREEN up! :nod:

Hopefully your water problems will go away SOON, I gotta say, I'm dang tired of WATER!!

I was having problems posting pics the last time I tried before this.... not real sure what the problem was
but I went to Macon's directions, :compute: printed them out and followed them to the letter! VOILA!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks also for your kind comments, we're pleased with the yearlings sizes and condition since they have just been on hay all winter. They were running and bucking like crazy things when they got off the trailer and it was only a few miles!! LOL

That's as good a bunch of cows as I have seen posted here in a ong time.........FAT is still my favorite color. You have real good cattle and you sure seem to take good care of them.

Thanks Vic! :tiphat:

I really appreciate that. We like that particular "color" too! (and NO, we don't grain them)

You'd have gotten a pretty good laugh out of watching us (ME) load them into my small stock trailer to make the trip (several trips!) to the pasture. Hubby is an old hand... me, not so much!

One heifer decided to try to squeeze through an opening a SQUIRREL wouldn't have looked at and she made it as far as her hips.... Now ME, being kinda green and anxious to be helpful, POUNCED on her, trying to make like a bull-dogger with my arms wrapped around her polled head yelling at my husband, "GET A ROPE! GET A ROPE!!" and by golly he threw one at me and we put it on her and did keep her from getting away.... after we had her penned up, he looks at me and says....

don't EVER do that again!! EVER!!! (oooooops :oops: )

he had a few other "words of advice".... but I'll leave it at that! :oops: :roll:

thanks for the advice. Printing them off works better than trying to use memory.

I am tired of the mud, planted the tractor the last two evenings doing chores, had to use the loader to crawl/ push myself free. It needs to either dry up, or freeze hard overnight so I can do chores before I leave for work in the morning. :lol:

Loved the pics LAR! So glad you figured it out. :clap:
What a pretty group of cattle you have there, and every one looks so fat and sassy ~ especially considering we are on the other side of winter.

Good luck with the rest of your calving season!

Latest posts