Few Montana Prairie Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Heres what came to greet us last night....Tornado warning- with some spotted apparently... We ended up with only .3 of an inch of rain- a few small hailstones- and not much wind-- but it sounds like north and west caught hell- and were wiped out....

CarlaRiccisWedding110.jpg

CarlaRiccisWedding111.jpg

I think this is one of the biggest circular layered clouds I've ever saw- (only got 1/2 in the picture) with winds/clouds going every direction at times...

These are taken from my driveway as the storm moved towards Glasgow which is just off behind the trees...

Before the storms- I was up checking on one bunch of cows- and making sure everything (bulls) were in thier right places... I noted that for almost Aug 1- the grass still has a good tinge of green to it- altho we could use a soaker to refill some shrinking dams and water holes in this pasture...

CarlaRiccisWedding103.jpg

CarlaRiccisWedding104.jpg

Since no fence was torn down- no missing bulls or extra bulls, I had a chance to look at calves now that the rest I wasn't sure of have been DNA IDed..Snapped a few pics of my favorites..

The OCC Magnitude bull calf with his Cole Creek Juanada Lad 81T mother.....
CarlaRiccisWedding109.jpg

An OCC Magnitude heifer calf with her Bannon of Wye UMF 8240 mother.
CarlaRiccisWedding108.jpg

A Galpin Lead On cow with her Legacy 726T bull calf...
CarlaRiccisWedding107.jpg

And my favorite- a Legacy 726T son and his Cole Creek Goldmere 31N mother..
CarlaRiccisWedding106.jpg

good looking country,,,, we had circulation right over the top of us monday evening... here in tornado alley they can hit anytime

alacattleman":1kytdw47 said:
good looking country,,,, we had circulation right over the top of us monday evening... here in tornado alley they can hit anytime

We usually don't get that many tornados up here- or at least ones that do a lot of damage--but we've already had 3 people killed up here in northeast Montana this summer with tornados hitting ranch houses.. Last 2 (an 11 year old boy and a 40 year old man) was just a few days ago....

Weird Weather...

Oldtimer":fzdx24j2 said:
alacattleman":fzdx24j2 said:

We usually don't get that many tornados up here- or at least ones that do a lot of damage--but we've already had 3 people killed up here in northeast Montana this summer with tornados hitting ranch houses.. Last 2 (an 11 year old boy and a 40 year old man) was just a few days ago....

Weird Weather...[/quote] and hot,, back up in the triple digets this weekend,, did the same thing last weekend lush grass friday evening.. looked like broom straw by sunday.. if it wasnt for hit and miss showers it would burn,, august is suppose to be bad just hope it rains are our fall grazing will suffer

This old Big Sky can even look sorta pretty when its at its ugliest!!
My daughter said they are just pictures of "Ma Nature throwing a hissy fit"...

Looks like the "hissy fits" went east of us tonight- over more North Dakota way again... We only got about 3 drops of rain..

Temps are supposed to shoot up to near 100 tomorrow and Saturday- and they are saying another round of severe stuff could move back in on Saturday... :(

Looks like we are in for another wild night of storms...Severe Weather forecast out for most of central and eastern Montana and the Dakotas...
Storms already starting to fire up to the west, south, north and northeast of me- altho they weren't predicting any here til after 8PM....Looks like it could be another long night of stormwatching..

Latest posts