Fertilizer question

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
Fertilizer question 5-5-0
biosolid fertilizer it has 0.0005 molybdenum do you think it's safe for a pasture. It's certified 100% quality and organic nitrogen. It's a slow release Thanks

Its free and don't see where it would hurt anything. Free must be in vogue this year because I got several tons of potash spread for nothing a few weeks ago. Didn't really need it but the price was right.

My experience with fertilizer is that it will remain in the soil until it's consumed. Proven that axiom many times. On organic "poop" I guess you are talking about I wouldn't worry. 5% of 4000# is 200/5 ac = 40#N per acre.....not all that much. A corn or sorghum crop would eat up more than that. I'd put more than that out for a good 3 cutting hay crop.

I would try to incorporate it so that it doesn't get washed away with a heavy rain.

Named'em Tamed'em":1q5k99sv said:
biosolid fertilizer it has 0.0005 molybdenum do you think it's safe for a pasture. It's certified 100% quality and organic nitrogen. It's a slow release Thanks

Molybdenum is a health concern in an industrial setting but not in a fertilizer at ten thousandth levels.

I have molybdenum mixed with my P/S fertiliser every year, not sure at what rate the molyb is mixed at. We have low P soils which are often low in molyb. . The molybd. is needed by the legumes to nodulate and produce the N.

Ken

wbvs58":tqst3cl3 said:
I have molybdenum mixed with my P/S fertiliser every year, not sure at what rate the molyb is mixed at. We have low P soils which are often low in molyb. . The molybd. is needed by the legumes to nodulate and produce the N.

Ken

Ken. We have high P soils but low moly. Moly is an important trace mineral.

Bright Raven":39b5x16n said:
Named'em Tamed'em":39b5x16n said:

Molybdenum is a health concern in an industrial setting but not in a fertilizer at ten thousandth levels.
Thanks that is what I was thinking. Didn't know for sure.

wbvs58":3e7vbuw7 said:

Ken
Thanks Ken

Latest posts