fertilize time

Help Support CattleToday:

LOL....I have 15 acres it's either cut hay off of or fix the fence so I threw out $1000 worth on this morning. Excellent chance to get 3/100ths of an inch of rain tomorrow morning. Whooo...Hooo. Probably just wasted $1000.

LOL....I have 15 acres it's either cut hay off of or fix the fence so I threw out $1000 worth on this morning. Excellent chance to get 3/100ths of an inch of rain tomorrow morning. Whooo...Hooo. Probably just wasted $1000.
It ain't just going to vanish.unless it don't rain for a few weeks...if it don't rain for a few weeks that 1000.00 will be the least of our worries. .....
Got a well on a place sucking air right now.

It ain't just going to vanish.unless it don't rain for a few weeks...if it don't rain for a few weeks that 1000.00 will be the least of our worries. .....
Got a well on a place sucking air right now.
I know the drill....rain a couple days away for weeks till it does.

I am putting on 80-60-50 actual on 60 acres this week. All pasture or hay ground.. I expect I will be moving cattle every day when it
get growing and putting up hay---hopefully......

I have had mine on about a week. We are suppose to get 22 degrees tonight as hope it has not had a chance to work yet. I have worked my azz off the last 3 days from the flooding as we got over 6" of rain at once and some bottom land I have with a creek running through is a mess and every fence is piled up with brush/limbs and a mess. The creek was stopped up in a couple places and a mess there also.

Got ours all done 3 weeks ago. Had a nice stretch of dry weather. I will normally get it done somewhere between February and April, when things are halfway dry.

I have done it with a few inches of snow on the ground before. Sure makes it easy to see your tire tracks.

How did you do...I didn't get enough to make the dirt stick to my boots.
The roads not dusty though....gotta look on the bright side.😎

I dont know how some of you in the great WHITE North deal with it. Being born and raised in Chicago, I have had my share of late snowfall. I moved south in 1990. I have about 6-10in of grass growing now. I couldnt afford to own cows up there anymore. Then again, I can't afford much...

You've gotta remember that we don't burn up and dry out... at least normally, here in MN, and we can usually count on the pasture to keep growing through the summer.... at least if you're "regenerative farming", and keep enough thatch on the ground. Where I'm at, we're more concerned about too much water, than not enough. Almost all of the ground around me has been tiled. I wouldn't trade it for a farm further south for anything!

@RDFF correct! We feed 6 months of the year, but our land is so prolific, we can raise what we need to feed them and graze them. I used to live in Kansas (Louisburg). You got 1 cutting of grass and the fields were dry stubble rest of the year. Here, the dairy farmers will get 4-5 cuttings of alfalfa, 3 cuttings from grass fields. Our grass is green UNDER the snow!!. I sure wouldn't want to depend on winter grazing though. Too deep and gets too frozen/crusted in winter.