Ferappease

Help Support CattleToday:

I apologize for it turnounto what it has. But when someone makes false assumptions about me then I felt the need too make sure the truth was known. If you have read any of my posts on this thread or others you will see I respect others views. I can agree to disagree if they are respectful. But when someone feels the need to single me out and try to discredit me I will stand my ground.
As I have stated I did much research on this product for several months. I got opinion ms and advice from those who have used it on several thousand head. Then BQA and others say to go by the dosage on the label. The label on the new bottle I got says a half dose for a calf. So that is what I plan to administer and those I have talked to do. If a person wants to give a full dose that is their decision. I respect that but expect them to respect me following the label and advice I have received. The way I look at it is a bottle said to give a child one pill and an adult 2 I will give a child one unless a doctor tells me different. The same with vaccines and livestock treatments. I follow the label unless my vet recommends a different dosage. I have moved on and done with the discussion. We are getting light rain that is supposed to turn to snow. Have cattle to check. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
I would challenge everybody to go back to the very beginning, read the first posts and see who cast the first stone. I will say that I have a weakness, I cannot just let it go, when someone replies to my completely fact filled advice meant to help, that I was a keyboard cowboy that had not used the product, and that I was a liar, and I demeaned anyone. Many of you wouldn't walk away from that either.
I don't and won't make assumptions about anybody until they have put it out there in writing.
I see that in this very thread the statement was made that BQA states that one should only use the written dosages, when on an earlier thread that same person bad mouthed BQA and said it's not enforceable and they can't tell anybody what to do. Which way is it?
Whatever fits the current argument I guess?

when a poster chooses too make a comment about my post it would be nice if they stated the context of the post. The post was in reference to me administers shot where my vet recommended instead of the standard site BQA suggests. I have stated many times I follow the advice of our vets. They base their decisions on their training and from their experience. I folllow their recommendations for dosage and sire selection. Otherwise I follow the dosage on the bottle.

There are way more examples in your prior interactions on threads that clearly show that you value coffee shop talk about what he said, she said, they said more than when somebody with real experience telling you what THEY did, not what somebody said.
Then when they disagree, you make assumptions about their experience and knowledge.
Like I said sometime earlier, a real cattleman will never talk about what he has or how much experience he has because he doesn't owe you that. You shouldn't make assumptions about him because he's making you look silly in front of your friends.

@OBAX and @elkwc hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. I'm not sure why the website would say cows 10cc and calves 1/2 dose. I've never told anyone I'm going to wean cows from the cows. We always say wean our "calves". I also read on a site calves under 200# get 1/2 dose then the bottle I get says all cattle get 10cc. Very confusing to say the least.

I'm going to give the 1/2 dose beacause that's what I read and watched videos on doing first. If I don't like the results we'll try the 10cc next year.

@OBAX and @elkwc hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. I'm not sure why the website would say cows 10cc and calves 1/2 dose. I've never told anyone I'm going to wean cows from the cows. We always say wean our "calves". I also read on a site calves under 200# get 1/2 dose then the bottle I get says all cattle get 10cc. Very confusing to say the least.

I'm going to give the 1/2 dose beacause that's what I read and watched videos on doing first. If I don't like the results we'll try the 10cc next year.
That's a very respectable comment. Thank you for that. I had the same question for them and they explained it like this. The family that researched and developed the product only has experience in the dairy industry before and while researching the product. In the dairy industry, when they refer to calves at weaning, it is thought of as baby calves, 150# or less. It's different in the beef industry. We wean calves later and for weight, not milk production. They quickly and clearly understood the confusion and took steps to clear it up, but already had a warehouse full of product with original labeling. They are not saying it will not work with half doses, just that results will not be consistent and effective as long with reduced dosages.
One way he explained it to me was, when you give wormer you don't want to kill most of the worms, you want to kill them all. Same with this product.

@OBAX that makes more sense to me. I did open the box this morning and looked at the bottle. Below is what I found.

Attachments

• 20231201_055006.jpg
    20231201_055006.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20231201_055017.jpg
    20231201_055017.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
There are way more examples in your prior interactions on threads that clearly show that you value coffee shop talk about what he said, she said, they said more than when somebody with real experience telling you what THEY did, not what somebody said.
Then when they disagree, you make assumptions about their experience and knowledge.
Like I said sometime earlier, a real cattleman will never talk about what he has or how much experience he has because he doesn't owe you that. You shouldn't make assumptions about him because he's making you look silly in front of your friends.
You are the one looking silly. You are the one that bragged about talking to the owner. I talked to those with real world experience. If you were any. Part of a real cow man you would respect others views and move on. I have ignored your posts and you keep posting.

Not bragging, stating only facts. Its ok you can go back to ignoring me now, I found an adult to talk to about it.

@OBAX that makes more sense to me. I did open the box this morning and look at that bottle today. Below is what I found.
Looks like they have the box fixed but not the bottle yet. That seems like a bad practice, to have them different.
I do believe they are trying to get it fixed so everybody can get the best results possible. And I'm sure the new bottle labels will follow soon.

The cattle men and women I know don't put their nose in other peoples business. You are the one that started it by replying to my comment. And you made the assumption I was going to waste my money and made the statement that you were trying to stop me from it. Again several who have used it on several thousand head have used the half dose. So you had no proof I was going to waste my money just your opinion. Then you had your little tantrum and said you didn't give a rep. It is easy too see who started it and has refused to let it go. I have you on ignore so won't see any replies.

You got one thing right in that post, I don't give a rip.
Most people when they ask a question on a public forum are actually looking for feedback. Then there's you, ask the question and give the answer. Most people also appreciate when somebody tries to help them get the most out of their money.
Then there's you………

I hope that anyone that goes back and reviews all the posts notices that the discussion was civil and all responses respectful until the one poster started. His posts and efforts trying too discredit me and those producers who used the product on thousands of head is where it started. The discussion about the product and also minerals was very civil and beneficial IMO. The one poster seemed intent on forcing his views on everyone. He refuse to accept that different people in different environments and management systems will see different results.

Remember one thing about advice, it's worth exactly what you pay for it. If you're taking advice without conducting due diligence you will eventually be disappointed.

I hope that anyone that goes back and reviews all the posts notices that the discussion was civil and all responses respectful until the one poster started. His posts and efforts trying too discredit me and those producers who used the product on thousands of head is where it started. The discussion about the product and also minerals was very civil and beneficial IMO. The one poster seemed intent on forcing his views on everyone. He refuse to accept that different people in different environments and management systems will see different results.
I thought you were ignoring me? Good to see you're still here.
Your management system and environment and mine could be as different as night and day, but that does not change anything about the dosage of medication we should use. Wormers, antibiotics, vaccines, etc are all universally administered, just like ferapease. Of course that's only so they work to their full potential. Now breeding, grazing, supplements, marketing, these are examples of things that differ by region and operation.
By the way, I've been perfectly civil with you until the moment you called me a liar, with no basis other than you disagreed with the facts i was posting.

Remember one thing about advice, it's worth exactly what you pay for it. If you're taking advice without conducting due diligence you will eventually be disappointed.
I agree 100%. And why I researched and listened to those who have used it. Some for almost a year and on several head. Those who I know abs trust. Talked too 2 more yesterday about it. Much of what I have received has not been advice but the sharing of their experience with it and opinions. I take advice from my vets. Each person needs to gather information and then make their decisions on what is best for them. What works best for one won't for another. That is why I respect those who do things different.

The cows will be pizzed and might be balled up in the corner fighting each other in a couple days, but the calves won't miss a beat.

We weaned 55 calves yesterday evening. All got 5cc of Ferappease and are surprisingly really calm today. We fence line wean and the cows are definitely more upset than the calves. I usually have a hard time getting a count on them but today they were all just standing or laying around. They aren't flighty at all either. I'm actually surprised to say I think it worked.