Females

Help Support CattleToday:

Heiferguy

Reaction score
i have a red female 2 years old, first calf heifer, i need a bull that is freaky fronted, decent boned, decent hair, and a good ass?? what should i breed her too??

well. there are a lot of things to consider..there are a lot of nice fronted, decent boned, decent haired, heavly muscled bulls out there..so try to narrow it down like this...
You said that your heifer is red. Is she red angus? Shorthorn? Cross? The list goes on and on. Are you breeding for a registered, or a cross? What breed do you want to breed her to? Composite for a show, Angus to get black, the list goes on. What do you want to do with this calf? Show it? Maybe try to breed a potential herd Sire? A replacement heifer? 2 years old, and she hasnt had a calf, or she has had 1 calf? Around 2 years, most of ours have a calf on the ground. So, if your 'red' heifer does, what do/dont you like about that calf. If she doesnt, what do/dont you like about your red heifer? Breed her to a bull that makes up what she is missing. and maybe accentuates her strong points
Once you figure that out, go 'bull shopping' look in online catalogs and such untill you find a bull that will work for you.
Good Luck.

ok well she is a hereford, cross. she was a show heifer, i am going for a show heifer, i ahev found bulls but they wont do what i want

Heiferguy":opdi7bil said:
i have a red female 2 years old, first calf heifer, i need a bull that is freaky fronted, decent boned, decent hair, and a good ass?? what should i breed her too??

A Buffalo! :lol: :lol: Seriously though. Allot of semen distributors....ie: COBA, ABS, Accelerated Genetics have club calf bulls. These should get you what they need

wow well that was a lot of help, i gusse you guys aren't into breeding club calves

Heiferguy":153m2agn said:
ok well she is a hereford, cross. she was a show heifer, i am going for a show heifer, i ahev found bulls but they wont do what i want
Do what you want?? Your criteria for picking your bull is plain-and-simple. TOO plain and simple for my taste. EVERY club calf bull out there (ok, well not every, but every GOOD one, and by good, i mean, if a major semen distributer is sellin' him, he's probably not half bad) Ok, so as I was sayin' EVERY club calf bull out there has hair, they all have bone (or hair to make it look like they have bone), heavy muscled (or hair to make it look like muscle) and most, if not all are VERY clean fronted.

--so, if they are not working for you, maybe you need to "upgrade" your cows?
--or change your criteria.

ok, there is a thread, not to far from here, on this board, in the Show board section that talks all about popular sires.
Look at winning calves that you like from shows (many show websites post this information) and think about using THOSE sires.

Easy, Classic, WMW. IMO, there are better clubby bulls out there, but hey, you gotta look for what you want. Go WMW if you dont wanna look around.

I am not a club calf breeder,but am involved in this part of the industry. I have been considering a bull called ROCK STAR.This bull has genotype and phenotype,he is a composite black bull. Evaluate this bull for his structure,style,meat and you might be impressed then factor in his pedigree and I think that he may be the kind of Club Calf bull that produce quality, profitable females. I believe Genetic horizons/SEK genetics has info on this bull on the web-not sure

i have used them dr. who wont do what i need, who made who, wont clean them up quite enough and so on. And not any clubcalf bull out there will do what i want. Some dont have small enough shoulders, soem ugly heads, some all hair no bne, some not enough muscel but look awseome because of HAIR. So yes i have look at plenety of bulls, but i was asking other people that might have some good advice. abviously im not to plain and siply, if im trying to figure out what will slim shoulders down, and clean necks, Im not saying everything i need a bull to have i just need some suggestions and then i will go and look at them and find ome info out on them talk to the breeder, and see if he will work for me and if not then i will look for a different bull

Heiferguy":3q3ufpee said:
i have used them dr. who wont do what i need, who made who, wont clean them up quite enough and so on. And not any clubcalf bull out there will do what i want. Some dont have small enough shoulders, soem ugly heads, some all hair no bne, some not enough muscel but look awseome because of HAIR. So yes i have look at plenety of bulls, but i was asking other people that might have some good advice. abviously im not to plain and siply, if im trying to figure out what will slim shoulders down, and clean necks, Im not saying everything i need a bull to have i just need some suggestions and then i will go and look at them and find ome info out on them talk to the breeder, and see if he will work for me and if not then i will look for a different bull

Why not go with something that is proven calving ease? They always seem to throw decent calves.

Wow, you only supply this information:

And yet you belittle the people who responded with decent answers.

:? :roll:

Keren":2yg3q6yj said:
Wow, you only supply this information:

And yet you belittle the people who responded with decent answers.

:? :roll:

Yes, it is always a good rule of thumb to see the bull of which you plan to AI with, but in this case it would also be nice to see the calf :lol:

Try Ali, we have a first calf heifer bred to him.
Here is some info on him.

Lautner Farms

Ali
$25/unit

AMAA #307184
Sire: Polled Energizer
Dam: FJH Countness 115H
Polled / Scurred
Born March 2002
BW: 72 pounds
TH & PHA Free

Heiferguy-
abviously im not to plain and siply, if im trying to figure out what will slim shoulders down, and clean necks
im assuming "siply" is "simple"
You never said anything about that, your original search criteria is plain and simple.

We can only give you suggestions. Which we have been. Which you have been shutting out imediatly with "those bulls dont work for me" WE do not know what the cow looks like, we do not know EXACTLY what you want in a bull. You gave 3 BASIC club calf bull characteristics. Then, went on to say "im not plain and simple" and only extended your search to "cleans up shoulders." :roll:

-I dont know what else you want to hear.

I'll list some of my favorite bulls for you though, some I know alot about, others I dont know anything, just they 'look good to me'
WMW
About Time
Ali
Sonny(Shorthorn-Limited supply (not sure))
Trump(Shorthorn-Limited supply)
Dream On (Simmental)
3C Macho (Simmental)
Bleedin' Purple (limited supply)
Golden Child

Good Luck finding a suitable bull for your "red heifer"[/b]

Latest posts