felton herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

footballjdtractor

Reaction score
Has anyone used the bulls feltons oran433, mm felton 509 or progression? Ive got some hereford heifers to A.I. breed this fall. I'm looking for something with a lot of calving ease. I also want to use a bull that has a moderate to low frame score. I like cattle that can flesh up and slick off even on my fescue. Will these bulls make daughters that can do that? Any suggestions on other hereford bulls that would work would be appreciated.

Might take a look at Victor 719T(42800895)
BW 0.3 WW 66 YW 88 rib eye 80 CHB 32
Call Genex for semen sales

Not sure about the first two bulls you listed but I have used "progression". only had two calves from him last fall so not a good sample. the calves came easy and look like they will be small framed with plenty of pigmentation. the faults i see are only they have what i would describe as "bug eyed" (protruding or not recessed), also feel he lacks "traditional" Hereford markings...not sure if that matters to you, I am running commercial cows so not to me. I am expecting three more "progression" calves in a month and then "Victor 719" next year. :2cents:

we have some semen from the gerber ultra bull. he is supposed to be calving ease. i was at Doug's this summer and bought a bull s i have seen some nice herefords come from that program, and if you ever meet the man i think you will like him. jmo David

Latest posts