feedlots

Help Support CattleToday:

jcissell

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a list of feedlots across the country?

Josh

There isn't such an animal... if there were it would be HUGE and mostly centered adjacent to the feedgrain supplies. Best way would be to get on Google and have fun for a day.

Right or wrong this is the segment that helps drive the cattle industry opposite the major packers. Lots of learning can be gotten from dealing with the feedlot operators - suggest you call a couple and act like a dummy 'investor' with $50-100,000 and ask about their various feeding programs and get 'em to send you some performance numbers.

They are really good at producing CME grade cattle and adding ADG but it all comes down to whatever cattle prices are at sale time... and that's where you'll be getting into futures trading like it or not. :( :eek: :oops:

Richard

Thanks. I found a list of angus certified feedlots but I didn't know if there was a list with all the feedlots somewhere.

Josh

can't remember where i got it but i used to have a magazine with a list of feed lots of all breeds. hope you find it. just keep looking

ManyHorses" - suggest you call a couple and act like a dummy 'investor' with $50-100 said:
HorseThief that is just like you Chicago commode types....you recommend somebody call up a busy feedlot manager and tell a lie just to get information that they would share for free if they had time. Everthing revolves around lies and deceit with you guys dont it. And for your info you Chicago commode guys are the only ones who worry about "producing CME grade cattle"...the cattle feeding business involves a lot bigger picture than feeding cattle with the intent of trying to deliver cattle against a stupid futures contract. Get real...feedlot managers produce cattle that fit the packers they do business with!!!!!

Latest posts