Feed Analysis

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
I got my feed analysis today. Not really sure what I am looking at. I am thinking of feeding 30-70 ratio barley to alfalfa to my calves. Am I going to be ok with this?

Attachments

• first cutting hay report 2022 2.pdf
    324.8 KB · Views: 26
30-70 ratio but how many pounds per head per day? What do the calves weigh and how much gain do you want?
I was planning on starting out at one pound per day per calf and working up to four pounds per day. I think they should be somewhere 500 pounds once the come off the desert. I am planning on weighing them when I wean.

I was planning on starting out at one pound per day per calf and working up to four pounds per day. I think they should be somewhere 500 pounds once the come off the desert. I am planning on weighing them when I wean.
Now besides making me do algebra I have to find my books. About 2.6% of their body weight. Now if I can just find my books.

Now besides making me do algebra I have to find my books. About 2.6% of their body weight. Now if I can just find my books.
I didn't know I needed algebra to feed cows. In construction I have used the Pythagorean theorem a lot. I hope we don't need calculus; I had lots of trouble getting through calculus in college; It turned out to be way over my head. Because of the math I changed my major to construction management so I didn't need so much math. My poor little pea brain just could not get the concept of calculus.

I didn't know I needed algebra to feed cows. In construction I have used the Pythagorean theorem a lot. I hope we don't need calculus; I had lots of trouble getting through calculus in college; It turned out to be way over my head. Because of the math I changed my major to construction management so I didn't need so much math. My poor little pea brain just could not get the concept of calculus.
Feeding 30/70 and going up to 4 pounds a day on the 30. How many pounds in the 70? The answer is algebra. 9.3333

Latest posts