Favorite Christmas carol

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice

Reaction score
I love them all, but each and every Christmas season I find myself singing "Hark the Herald, Angels Sing!" Gives me goosebumps when I hear it, and even tho I know when I hit the high notes it's not for public consumption, I get a wonderful feeling.

Alice

I'm with ya on that one Alice . I like O Holy Night too ( sung by somebody good, not me ) .

Larry

not exactly a carol, but I really do like listening to Handel's Messiah around christmas

if you want a carol, well... anything that FUNNY and has been modified!

Can't narrow it down to just one. O Holy Night comes to mind right now but their are so many more I like just as well.

Can't think of one I don't like, but some are better than others, and everyone's tastes are different. As far as religious ones go, the first that come to mind are "Silent Night, Holy Night" and "Little Drummer Boy." Somewhat secular ones are "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "The Christmas Song".

Heard a story the other day that Mel Torme wrote "The Christmas Song" during a heat wave in July. Said thinking about Christmas gave him some relief.

larryshoat":322e016s said:
I'm with ya on that one Alice . I like O Holy Night too ( sung by somebody good, not me ) .

Larry

"O Holy Night" needs to be sung by a soloist...in a sanctuary full of people, or in a sanctuary with just one. It is the most beautiful Christmas "hymn" that I know.

Alice

oooh O Holy Night I love, I also seem to sing White Christmas alot, even though I live in Australia?

thanks for the link, I've never heard that one before

I love ALL christmas songs, hymns, songs, carols, contemporary ones ... I drive my family nuts because I put the CD on repeat all day.

Actually I seem to sing the Aussie version of 12 days a lot this year :D but when I'm sort of singing absent mindedly to myself it ends up a mix mash of the traditional version and the aussie one :lol2:

Oh, and I always sing O Christmas Tree a lot, but I sing it in German

And for some reason, I associate Edelweiss with christmas time, dont ask me why :???: I was going around singing that this afternoon

Right now I have 'Love is all you need' stuck in my head. Again :???: dont ask me why, I've got a blind deer.

VanC":8ye0zcrx said:
Can't think of one I don't like, but some are better than others, and everyone's tastes are different. As far as religious ones go, the first that come to mind are "Silent Night, Holy Night" and "Little Drummer Boy." Somewhat secular ones are "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "The Christmas Song".

Heard a story the other day that Mel Torme wrote "The Christmas Song" during a heat wave in July. Said thinking about Christmas gave him some relief.

I thoght Irving Berlin wrote White Christmas and Mel Torme wrote The Christmas song.

Merry Christmas From The Family. I think it was written about several Christmasses I have had. I love the words to Little Drummer Boy, but not the music. I also like White Christmas and I'll Be Home For Christmas.

I've always liked It Came Upon A Midnight Clear. My granny use to sing it to me when I was alot younger.

AAAARGH~!

There is this song that I love, its called The Drover's Dream and its an adaptation of the original Aussie song The Drovers Dream. I cant find the words for the christmas version anywhere online, and this is all I can remember:

One night while droving sheep, all me mates they were asleep,
There was not a star to illuminate the sky
Well I was singing to me dog, and a half a million frogs,
When a very strange procession passed me by.

First there came an angel bright, looking almost Omo white,
I tell ya I soon finished up my song,

This is frustrating the be nice out of me :mad:

Latest posts