Fathers day.

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
I have two young kids. But Fathers day is not about me. Its about my Dad. Atleast to me. Thinking back. He taught me how to ride a bike. Throw and catch. Play chess. Coached my t-ball team and was an assistant coach on my little league football team. He never missed a game and usually stayed through the practices. He always brought a book to practice but he always saw me mess up or make an awesome play. He was tough on me. When I would show him I was hurt he would always say "your not even bleeding". When I was bleeding "Your not even bleeding that much". I remember making an infield home run and my Dad said "Next time get it out of the park". Thats the thing about Dads. Its not that nothing is good enough. Its that they want you to be the best that you can be. To push you. Moms are there for when you are hurt. To console you when you strike out. Dads seem to always push you foward. He's been gone now for a while. I wish he was around to play with my kids. Hopefully he has internet access where he is to know how much I think of him.

Walt

Its often been said that you can tell the character and quality of a farmer by the quality of crops in his field. If you can apply this same rule to a father and his children, and I believe you can, your father was a fine man. Though he may not have internet service, he knows what your thoughts and I'm pretty confident that if you look closely in the mirror you are sure to see himself in you. Happy Father's Day!

If Heaven is all its cracked up to be (and I am thinking it is), then your father knows your thoughts as well as he knows your children ~ and you honor him in your actions.

Happy Fathers Day Walt :tiphat:

Latest posts