Fall Head Colds

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
I've got another darn head cold. Any secret remedies for the common cold. Allergic to Benedryl, Tavist D, Nyquil, Dayquil and few other things, this advil cold and sinus just ain't cuttin' it!

Herefordcross":3rezvwua said:
I've got another darn head cold. Any secret remedies for the common cold. Allergic to Benedryl, Tavist D, Nyquil, Dayquil and few other things, this advil cold and sinus just ain't cuttin' it!
Get some Vinegar, pour in about a cup in a pan with about 1/4 cup water. Bring it to a boil and inhale the vapors. Dont get a steam burn and feel better.

For more home remedies, please buy Dr. Crowder's secret remedies and how to impress wimmens book. At http://www.Crowder.com.

Herefordcross":3ovjfgfo said:

I'm allergic to most everything too, cept Whiskey.

Airborne works great if you take it as soon as you feel like you are getting sick. Just follow the directions. However, since you are already sick it won't work. Thought I would tell you though for next time.

Have you called the vet? What did he/she say? :D

Alice

Every Norther I get ckogged up----Mucinex has saved me Dr.trips--Don't know what blooms to the north this time of year,but guess I can't ever travel north of here :lol:

Claritin or Claritin D these are for allergies, but anytime I get one of the head colds, I take this and it clears up in a day or two. They are expenssive, but worth it.

Vaporizer works for me - seems like the change of seasons really gets my nose goin'. Of course, the trick is to make sure every spring that you get a healthy dose of needle sticks - ones containing pinkeye, 7-Way and of course be sure to get plenty of pour - on splashed on you. Then during the summer make sure and let the wind shift and fill your face full of fly spray. I think the pour on really helped make my hair shiny - now if could get something to stop it from falling out.

What amazes me is when all about ten years ago Advil cold and sinus came out it would wipe a cold out of me within a day. Now it does nothing at all. Claritin makes my heart race 100mph and dizzy as can be. Tried crowders trick and it helped for a couple of hours anyway.

Herefordcross":3valah4b said:
What amazes me is when all about ten years ago Advil cold and sinus came out it would wipe a cold out of me within a day. Now it does nothing at all. Claritin makes my heart race 100mph and dizzy as can be. Tried crowders trick and it helped for a couple of hours anyway.

Take extra vitamin C and if you're not taking regular one a day type vitamins, start. Also, there something called Zicam. For me, it wasn't the magic bullet, but it did help somewhat.

Alice

know what you mean by allergic to almost everything. When I get a cold I make a mug of hot water, lemon juice squeezed from a fresh lemon, a teaspoon of honey mix it together and sip it. the steam vapours help clear the sinus's and the drink helps clear the throat.
never agree to having the sinus washed, it is horrendous, and doesn't cure the problem for long. I looked like I had been in the boxing ring for weeks, black eyes and swollen nose and forehead, lasted about 2 weeks and was so uncomfortable, the next winter my sinus were just as bad. :mad:

Sure it isn't allergies? I usually get allergies real bad in the fall and again in spring. I lose my voice, too. Just got over my fall allergies. They came early this year with the late summer rains. Just now getting my voice back. I usually just gut it out. I do feel rotten when I get them, though. My head just kills me and I am easily tired. Clariden, or however you spell it, seems to work. I miss good old fashioned Sudafed, the kind with the ephedra it. It always licked the congestion and I could take it in the daytime. The stuff they have now just doesn't cut it.

Lammie":3plje790 said:
Sure it isn't allergies? I usually get allergies real bad in the fall and again in spring. I lose my voice, too. Just got over my fall allergies. They came early this year with the late summer rains. Just now getting my voice back. I usually just gut it out. I do feel rotten when I get them, though. My head just kills me and I am easily tired. Clariden, or however you spell it, seems to work. I miss good old fashioned Sudafed, the kind with the ephedra it. It always licked the congestion and I could take it in the daytime. The stuff they have now just doesn't cut it.

This is exactly what my daughter says. She signs the registration to get Sudafed. Don't you have that option?

I drive school bus - say no more.

Was ready to quit because always sick with what the little devils bring on the bus.

Call it a fraud, or maybe a fluke but the last 2 times I started to get sick I took Echinacia at the wifes insistence.

I suffered all last year, and watched her barely get symptoms, only diff was she was taking this stuff.

May be a farce but don't try to take it away from me now! :lol:

what a shame you can't get sudafed, don't know what I would do without that. I found out you can't but it when I was over in May. that's why I did not mention it, great stuff. I tried Echinacia as a friend suggested but I had to stop taking it as it did not mix well with my diabetic tablets and insulin. my friend swears by it though.

I take Zycam nasal spray then follow that up with 1/2 a tablet of Calf Scour Boluses five times a day. Haven't been sick since I started this routine - been 5 years. By the way, my physician suggested the 5 times a day to me, I was only doing it three. (He has cows too, and he dips Cope.)

Jogeephus":3vz55uo2 said:
I take Zycam nasal spray then follow that up with 1/2 a tablet of Calf Scour Boluses five times a day. Haven't been sick since I started this routine - been 5 years. By the way, my physician suggested the 5 times a day to me, I was only doing it three. (He has cows too, and he dips Cope.)

Good Lord, I hope you're joking.

Ans, yes, I can sign to get the "real" sudafed, but I never seem to do it. I'm a weenie. Or something.

No. It's just tetracycline. Not but one way to make it. My dad was a vet. I was 21 before I ever had "real medicine".

AngusLimoX":1qf6bayv said:
May be a farce but don't try to take it away from me now! :lol:

It's not a farce - Echanacia (sp?) works very well for strengthening the immune system!