Fair is Finally OVER!!

Help Support CattleToday:

karlie45

Reaction score
As much as I look forward to it, year after year. It is finally over! I am taking a heifer to state fair...so I still have a little more work to do with her. But I just thought that I would post some results.

6/6/06. 1/2 Sim. 1/2 Shorthorn. Shown as Appendix Shorthorn. (going to state fair) Placed 1st in class...4th Overall Heifer.

5/16/06- 1/2 Sim. 1/2 Hereford. Shown as Commercial. Placed 1st in class. 5th Overall Heifer.

5/16/06. Registered Simmental Market Heifer. Reserve Champion Market Heifer. 5th Overall market animal.
----------------those ^ were mine------------------
----------------these v are my cousins--------------
5/1/06-Registered Shorthorn. 2nd in class, 6th overall heifer.

9/6/06-Registered Simmental. 1st in class 9th overall heifer (because she was younger.) (going to state fair.)

4/16/06-Registered Shorthorn Heifer Market Heifer. Champion Market Heifer. 3rd Overal Market animal (she was VERY beefy..haha.)

The younger cousin took Champion Intermediate Showperson.
I took Champion Senior Showperson. It was my first year in the Senoir Class.

We think we had a pretty good year. I dont think we will do well at state, because our county isn't that competitive. Both of our heifers that are going to state should be in relatively small classes, so hopefully that will help.

The cow/calf that I was talking about earlier with her kicking, didnt go, she was still just kicking away. It's ok though. The cow/calf class was crowded, and took forever. So im glade that I wasnt in the ring with the trouble-maker of the year.

Thanks for everyone who helped with my questions concerning these guys!

Sorry guys. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I am having digital cameral problems, so I took some pics with my camera phone...now I dont know how to get those to my computer. So, you WILL get pictures as soon as I either figure out how to work this digital camera that is not working with me right now, or figure out how to work this ...silly...phone.

Good luck at the state fair! Hopefully we will be there. Our county fair is next week. We are going to the state fair in FFA and maybe open. My son has been working really hard with his cattle, and IMO I think they look great!

idylglade1- What county? Im in Ottertail County. We will be down for 4-H weekend. It's my first year in FFA, so I'm not planning on going down to state for that, but next year I will...hopefully. We were down for open show a few years ago, the barn was a total dissaster the whole time. It was hard to walk through the walk-way. But it was fun, and we got to show a bunch of animals that didnt go to 4-H show, I would love to show open again, but my dad says that 4 days at state is plenty.

Good Luck at county fair! Hopefully your sons work pays off.

we are from kandiyohi county. we usually are there for the whole fair. cody usually gets a 4-h trip then he stays and shows open with the farm north of us and then we bring down the ffa stock for him to show. it is really in our blood to be there, my grandparents showed there as well as my dad and aunt and myself. my grandmother was president of the federation of fairs for many years. so you could say we were all raised barn rats and loved every minute of it! (still do, look forward to it every year) so i will let you know if we make it for 4-h, and maybe we will stop by and say hi!

Latest posts