Facebook

Help Support CattleToday:

Facebook

• Yes, I'm on Facebook

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • Face what?

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I'm feeling pressure, I may join soon.

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
Just wondering who's on Facebook. I joined in the fall when my sisters told me they were on. I realize it's been around for a long time, but always thought it was a kid's thing. It really isn't and it's been fun.

that's true. I don't play Farmville and don't want a free puppy. But I've caught up with classmates, cousins, ppl that I don't see that often.

I was on it back before every one and their dog could join, when it was just for college students. It was really nice then, I could keep track of all my high school buddies who went to different schools. Since they opened it up, I don't use it as much. Too many people who use it for the wrong reasons.

I am face-hooked.
John and Hawkeye, you can hide all that game junk from appearing on your news feed. When you see something like that, go to hide in the upper right corner and u have the option of hiding that person or that application. And when they send you a request, you can block the application.
I am not into that stuff either, but I love to know what kind of day my friends and fam are having, and it is a fun way to catch up with those who have lost touch. And I like to fan and group pages for some things, too.

i to am on facebook.an i enjoy it very much.as for the games most all of my friends play them.an i play them as well.

I was gonna' get on it, but it started talking about friends, and since I ain't got any, I didn't see the point of figuring it out. gs

i'm always trying to lay low
stay under the radar.
i didn't like most of those people 20 years ago
i'm not going to give them a tool to find me

I'm on it. I live away from my home town for uni so I keep in touch with people there. Also I backpacked in Europe so it's handy to catch up with those folks so easily too. I just blocked all the application notifications so it's very peaceful now :p

plumber_greg":1p9571qf said:
I was gonna' get on it, but it started talking about friends, and since I ain't got any, I didn't see the point of figuring it out. gs
Same here. I hate getting emails from anyone telling me that I need to send this to 10 people in 10 minutes or I'm going to heII. I don't even know 10 people. I hope they bury me with graham crackers, marsh mellows and chocolate bars ~ at the rate I ignore these emails, I have a feeling they'll come in handy. :help:

I'm on Facebook, but I guess I still count as a kid. Not a big fan of most of the applications (farmville, etc.) but I like keeping up with my friends and family. We also have a farm page where people can become fans. Some of the groups are pretty good too. There is a great one called "I Support Dairy Farmers"-have "met" a lot of great like minded people.

We're on it and while all the Farmville and other game posts do get old, it's a great way to keep up with friends and family. Never fails, if you call someone, they are fixing dinner, putting a kid in the tub, getting ready to go somewhere, etc. But with Facebook you can post and read on your own time frame. Just like this board. We have reconnected with some old friends and get to see what they are up to and vice versa, and we keep up better with nieces, nephews, etc.

im on face book . amanda my oldest got me on it, since shes been in collage for 8 yrs 4 in ohio it helps us keep in touch, i love it, i dont play the games, i have a farm, so i dont do a virtual one, i need to go in an block those apps. it has been nice to post about whats going on with out calling 14 ppl and taking a half a day..lol love it i taught my boss over the phone how to use it, i helped her find her sister on there who she had only herd she may have,, turns out she lives here in our state. and is one of my friends now. they talk often, the only person i have not excepted so far as a friend was [lol] the mayor, who is anti-donkey,, lol the boss of the donkey cops lol :cboy:

I didn't like anyone when I was in school, so why would I want to socialize with them now?

I've got this 90% rule. When I meet someone new, there's a 90% chance I'm not going to care for them right up front. Of the remaining 10%, 9 out of 10 of those folks will migrate to the annoying category. So I guess what I'm saying is there's a 1% chance that I'll actually make an attempt to be friendly. And that's on a good day.

Yep,I'm on fb also. Don't participate in the game stuff though.
But seems a good way to keep up with family and friends.
since my family are scattered over Ohio,Mo. and Texas,it's a pretty good way to keep up with everyone.

Cal

I am on facebook. I have found alot of my old friends from highschool and gotten back in touch with them. I dont play any of the games on Facebook but i do use it as a communcation link for alot of my multiplayer game buddies and buddettes. Also have made some new friends from friends of freinds.

cfpinz":33t1qb8t said:
I didn't like anyone when I was in school, so why would I want to socialize with them now?

I've got this 90% rule. When I meet someone new, there's a 90% chance I'm not going to care for them right up front. Of the remaining 10%, 9 out of 10 of those folks will migrate to the annoying category. So I guess what I'm saying is there's a 1% chance that I'll actually make an attempt to be friendly. And that's on a good day.

Geez! Thats tough cfpinz.........I bet you are the life of the party :lol: :mrgreen: :p

Latest posts