Eye shingles

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Wife had shingles about 10 years ago, got her shingles shot shortly after so figured all was good. A couple of days ago her eye started to swell, itch and get blood sot. Went to the doc yesterday. Turns out she is among the lucky 10% that after having had later shingles contracts it in her eye. It is being treated by an ophthalmologist, no prognosis yet

That is awful. Hope it leaves no damage. My Doctor insisted that I get a shingles vaccination. Maybe it will be minor on a second occurrence.

Oh good grief! :( I'm sorry to hear that dun. Here ya think you've done the right thing, in order to prevent future problems.

That's got to be uncomfortable.

I hope it heals/clears up without any problems or damage.

I hope it turns out okay too. I had a relatively minor case on my back and sides when I was in my 40's. When people asked me what it was like I told them it was like getting fire ant stings, a bull nettle rash, and a bad sunburn all at the same time.

I can't imagine how painful that must be in her eye. Just getting dust blown, or pet allergies in the eye is irritating enough. What do they put on her eye to keep from touching, rubbing, and trying to clear it? Does he have to wear a shield like used after cataract surgery?

Be praying for less pain and a complete healing.

I am so sorry. I have heard that they are worse in the eye than anywhere. I have two friends that had them in their eyes. I wonder about the shot. My mother had it and then had a terrible case of shingles. She said it was the worse pain that she had ever had. I took the shot several years ago.
I will keep your wife in my prayers. Again I am very sorry that she is having to suffer like this.

dun":1mz20doz said:
Wife had shingles about 10 years ago, got her shingles shot shortly after so figured all was good. A couple of days ago her eye started to swell, itch and get blood sot. Went to the doc yesterday. Turns out she is among the lucky 10% that after having had later shingles contracts it in her eye. It is being treated by an ophthalmologist, no prognosis yet
Had a friend come down with them a few months ago. Not exactly in the eyes but all around his face and head. Looked like he had been dragged down a dirt road at the end of a rope. Took weeks for them to go away...weeks of pure misery. Sure hope she make a quick recovery.

Latest posts