Eye Question?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I have a 5 month old Balancer Bull calf that I'm Raising for a Heifer Bull. He is still on his Mother. I noticed a coulple days ago his left eye was watering and seeemed swelled or puffy below the eye. But, his eye ball looks to be clear. Ever since I noticed it his eye he has had mud/dirt around could that be the problem or is he rubbing it in the dirt because it's bothering him? Your thoughts on the Problem and or Cure ??? Thanks

Crazy Farmgirl":1vtv8hmk said:
Can you get ahold of him and look at the eye closer, look for debris in the eye?

I have not caught him yet I hate to if I'm just being a worry wart. But, I can get pretty close to him he's really gentle and his eye looks clear. I guess I need to just go ahead and catch him. I was wondering if it could be something poked him borrowing into the hay bale???

Just thought I would update you all , I caught the bull calf and upon looking closer the back thrid of his eye had turned blue/white. I sprayed his eye with Vetricin pink eye spray and gave a shot of LA 200. Are you all thinking Pink Eye or do you think it could been fromm poking it??

Latest posts