Exhausting

Help Support CattleToday:

Smallpotatoes

Reaction score
Maybe I just don't have the nerve or the patience. But the nitpicking on this website is absurd. I've lurked for years. And try to join in every so often but each time I read the posts and step back. There's so much so many can learn but the air is wasted on hard feelings and personal attacks. I'd love to know where I could go to discuss cattle with other cattlemen (and women) who care about the livelihood of our industry as a whole. We're not competing against each other. We're competing against industry. I can't imagine how our animosity towards each other keeps us from being the next pork, chicken or dairy industry. Honestly. If there is somewhere I can go to hear about and learn about cows while joining together as an industry Let me know.

Word around the campfire is that Facebook really hurt the internet boards (ag boards too) usage and participation. I don't know for sure because I don't facebook; just what I have read a few times. There are a few other ag boards out there. A couple will make CT seem pretty mild (as in you better have thick skin and not be talking out your azz) and some are almost exactly like CT. Reality is that the number of people involved in agriculture continues to shrink with automation and technology. So too will the existence and participation of ag boards. Just seems to be the natural progression of things. Happy hunting and hope you find a place that suits you. The exchange of ideas(even ag centered ideas) occasionally results in conflict. It's how we navigate and resolve the conflict that reveals an aspect of our character.

bball said:
Word around the campfire is that Facebook really hurt the internet boards (ag boards too) usage and participation. I don't know for sure because I don't facebook; just what I have read a few times. There are a few other ag boards out there. A couple will make CT seem pretty mild (as in you better have thick skin and not be talking out your azz) and some are almost exactly like CT. Reality is that the number of people involved in agriculture continues to shrink with automation and technology. So too will the existence and participation of ag boards. Just seems to be the natural progression of things. Happy hunting and hope you find a place that suits you. The exchange of ideas(even ag centered ideas) occasionally results in conflict. It's how we navigate and resolve the conflict that reveals an aspect of our character.

Excellent post. I don't hang out on FB either but I can certainly see how it could be an alternative to forums.

Smallpotatoes, all I can suggest is to just jump in a offer your opinions or ask for help and see where the thread goes. Unfair criticism or personal attacks directed at you will be dealt with.

I see you've been registered since 2017 but I feel like you need another :welcome:

In the end you can take what you want and leave the stuff you do not want.

Otherwise to let it drive you crazy brings this old saying to mind:

"You can only be offended if you chose to be offended"

Best to all.

Latest posts