Everyone have a happy Easter

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
I'm up at the crack of dawn as usual. Got the stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon smoking. Going to roast some pecans too...Smoked meat all day yesterday in my handy dandy auction buy. I'm offering smoked ham and turkey to the lunch.. Had meat for supper, and i'm not a big meat eater but was hard while sorting the cooked meats out. Love turkey smoked in pear wood. I'm going to shave most of it into lunch meat. We plan to just graze for lunch. Traveling to Dallas for a get together at my mom's.
Going to be leaving my cows to themselves. Gives us a good reason to leave early. When i check cows i'll be in a sugar coma, but i'll get it done...
Everyone have safe travels :wave:

Hope you have a great Easter. We started ours with Good Friday services, followed by the Vigil Mass last night and Easter Services will be at 9 this morning. One daughter and family coming over for lunch and I'm sure a little Easter egg hunting. Somewhere in all this I plan to work in a good NAP !!!

Will miss my nap! No time for one when the little ones want to hunt eggs, and they colored about a 100 of them!! :kid:
Have to travel a couple hours, but so worth it! :heart:
A very Happy Easter to you all!

Ran across this and wanted to share. Have a wonderful Easter!

A old cowboy went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the cowboy.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The cowboy thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the cowboy left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt.

The cowboy turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!

"No!" the cowboy exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens, is people do not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the cowboy. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

I like that slick.

I'm about to go to church and thought I would log in and wish everyone a happy Easter. I teach Sunday school at 10:00 and then attend worship service at 11:00. We will be celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the blessed hope we have through it. Afterwards back home to welcome about 25 family members for Easter dinner.

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm taking care of a calf born last night, then feeding all the girls... sometime after that we'll be having 2 ducks for lunch (Mmm!!), and then it looks like I'll go for a bit of a bike ride with friends.. I know a nap after lunch would really be nice, but I'll probably have to forego it

Happy easter everyone!

Happy Easter everyone.

We are just home from a SONrise service on the boardwalk, will start cooking and have dinner later once my chika gets off work. TB, that's the best idea ive heard all day.

Happy Easter everyone. Singing "I know my Redeemer Lives" to finish off Easter service gets me every year.

And God gave us AMAZING weather this year. Can't remember an Easter Sunday this nice in a long time!! 77 degrees, sunny, winds light from the south

txffamom":1uiexw2j said:
Happy Easter everyone.

We are just home from a SONrise service on the boardwalk, will start cooking and have dinner later once my chika gets off work. TB, that's the best idea ive heard all day.
txffamom....I got he nap :clap: :clap: Wish it could have been a little longer but at least got a short nap. It was a good day !!!!

We just had our duck supper, darned good I'd say. Weather here is a bit aggravating.. gusty south wind, was cold in the morning, it's a little more tolerable now.

It started out unhappy as my first stop(96% AI and 9,200 milking) has been without a flush for three days now. I called the owner about it yesterday after repeated attempts to have the maintenance man fix it and was told that time off around major holidays for his employees was of utmost concern... Which sounds like, "F@#$ you, go stomp in the shyt" after my feable brain gets done translating it. My mood got better when I decided that it's time to raise his prices A LOT :D.
I didn't make church but that left some spare time to rig up an easter egg slingshot before everyone got home. Our tradition is to play baseball with the eggs after the kids hunt them but my daughter broke her wrist yesterday and my mother, wife, and dad are all lamed up in one form or another so I decided pelting targets on the side of the barn with a couple dozen boiled eggs would be fun but sedentary enough for us all. :mrgreen: Next year when the kids have a little better handle on moving targets and safety we'll do some easter egg trap shooting.

we got some well needed rain . it has rained all day and still raining . we definitely need it . but the Son of God rose up today so im blessed :heart: in every way . yes it was a great day . hope everyone was

Latest posts