ET Tips?

Help Support CattleToday:

midTN_Brangusman

Reaction score
We are putting in 35 frozen embryos in a couple weeks and flushing two cows. All have been on concept aid mineral and given multimin shots. I have done ET before and have averaged around 50% conception. For those that have made a science of it, are there any tips that you could share that has increased either your recip conception rate or your donor embryo production. Thanks in advance.

Not made science of it but we just put in quite a bit of embryos ourselves. 90! We put a new heat patch on them and they all should have shown heat by now if not bred. We have 5 for sure. I know that we'll still slough a lot but I like what I'm seeing.

We did timed AI, the 30 day. We strongly believe in its success for ET and AI.

Are you going to do direct transfer on your flushes?

Our cows are a BCS 7 or so. Cows are moved to pasture and embryos are put in there. We have a picky embryologist that will pass on one that doesn't "feel right".

NEFarmwife said:
Not made science of it but we just put in quite a bit of embryos ourselves. 90! We put a new heat patch on them and they all should have shown heat by now if not bred. We have 5 for sure. I know that we'll still slough a lot but I like what I'm seeing.

We did timed AI, the 30 day. We strongly believe in its success for ET and AI.

Are you going to do direct transfer on your flushes?

I will be doing direct transfer from the flushes then start on the frozen ones.