End Table

Help Support CattleToday:

I put all the plants I wanted to move, into them so that I could get them dug and moved without trying to be in a rush to figure where I wanted them at the new house. Great outside planters for other plants.
Use the solid bottom ones for water (holds about 22 gallons) when someone has to be penned up... easy to dump if they get crud in them... used them as outdoor fish tanks in the summer when I moved aquariums around. sit on them out at the shop when talking to son....

The wife had some in the garden. I don't remember what she planted in them. I have one sitting right beside where the feed truck parks. I toss the twine in it everyday after feeding. There are others in the shop and barn used as storage containers. Once they get cracked they get used to hold garbage until the next trip to the dump.

I put all the plants I wanted to move, into them so that I could get them dug and moved without trying to be in a rush to figure where I wanted them at the new house. Great outside planters for other plants.
Use the solid bottom ones for water (holds about 22 gallons) when someone has to be penned up... easy to dump if they get crud in them... used them as outdoor fish tanks in the summer when I moved aquariums around. sit on them out at the shop when talking to son....

I have aquariums also, and have some of those tubs set up outside growing aquatic plants and ornamental shrimp. I put guppies in them in warm weather, but pull them out when it starts to get cooler. The shrimp don't care. The tubs were iced over for two days a couple weeks ago, and when the ice thawed the shrimp were swimming around like nothing had happened.

My favorite use for one is my "Sitting Tub." I use it at my pump for when my irrigation starts up (takes ~15 minutes) and after walking all over the place on a my gimpy foot, it's been a wonderful decision in life.

I also use them for my horse water tubs. One of my horses broke a nice fancy one the other day b/c she only likes these ones. I wish I could make it up.

A tub full of pine needles will start just about any wet burnpile right up. The needles get the plastic burning and it turns liquid and drips down on the logs and branches like lava from Krakatoa. Pretty black smoke for awhile but it's just a visual thing.

We use these for all sorts of things, too. :) Water and hay tubs for calves in their night pen, seats to sit on, a platform for filling the chicken feeder, a step stool for a couple of heavy roosters who can't make it up to the top of the stall gate (and then into the rafters) in one flap, and I have a bunch of the heavy black ones out in my garden, which is mostly containers now. We drill holes in the garden tubs for drainage. My old knees won't let me get down low to the ground anymore, but I can sit on a folding chair in front of those tubs and be right at the perfect height for weeding.

The best part is, the calves (and sometimes the grown cows, LOL!) can play with these and toss them around to their heart's content with hardly any damage, but if one DOES break, there are always more. So far, I haven't had any broken by the cows. Some of our orange ones (similar to the blue one in the first post) have cracked just from hot/cold weather exposure, but the black ones seem much sturdier, and we've been using them for years and years now.

I have two of them upside down with a couple 2x6s that I stack feed or mineral or what ever on. We actually get some nice tube with lids on them. They will fly off going down the road but work good for putting stuff in around the barn or what ever. Make pretty good targets also.