Employee pay

Help Support CattleToday:

$10-15 for a hand in my area, you are pretty well always "on call" too. Some of the bigger ranches with out of town owners pay $50-75k a year but you pretty much live at the ranch and deal with their crazy ways.

Ranch hands are about $30,00 a year. A few benefits, a house of sorts, probably a vehicle and generally half a beef. It is 6 days a week with some days of pretty long hours. Ranch managers get $50,000 and up.

Interesting. I guess I should try to get hired as a ranch hand, then I could make more than I do farming.

Dixie2542 said:
Good info. Wonder if that's about same for southeast? Anyone know?

Been a while now but friend of mine was making a little over $60,000 with a truck and fuel provided. Job required more than just feeding cows though. Another friend got about the same pay and benefits and was also given a home to live in.

Jogeephus said:
Dixie2542 said:
Good info. Wonder if that's about same for southeast? Anyone know?

Been a while now but friend of mine was making a little over $60,000 with a truck and fuel provided. Job required more than just feeding cows though. Another friend got about the same pay and benefits and was also given a home to live in.
Hook me up, I ain't ever made that much.

I saw an ad for help at a huge Nevada ranch. Entirely a horse back job. You could bring up to 5 of your own horses. Dogs were welcome. Camped out most of the time. Sleeping in a Teepee. Campfire food provided. $2,000 a month. You can bet it was daylight to dark.

Free firewood, a place for your horses, deluxe living quarters AND $24K a year too? What a deal!!!

(there is such a thing as continuing to prime the pump after the water is flowing but it isn't recommended)

Latest posts