Elvis

Help Support CattleToday:

I saw it. I agree; I thoroughly enjoyed it. The actor did a great job as Elvis. He didn't come across as a silly imitator like some other actors have done with Elvis. He was believable. The flow and telling of the story between Elvis and the Colonel was done well. I'm a big Elvis fan anyway, and although all movies based on real life take liberties, the liberties it took didn't make much difference; it was surprisingly accurate. I was a little surprised at some things that it didn't focus on, but you can't hit every detail of a 20 year career in 2:40.

I saw it. I agree; I thoroughly enjoyed it. The actor did a great job as Elvis. He didn't come across as a silly imitator like some other actors have done with Elvis. He was believable. The flow and telling of the story between Elvis and the Colonel was done well. I'm a big Elvis fan anyway, and although all movies based on real life take liberties, the liberties it took didn't make much difference; it was surprisingly accurate. I was a little surprised at some things that it didn't focus on, but you can't hit every detail of a 20 year career in 2:40.
I was wondering how accurate it was. That is really good if they kept it fairly accurate and that entertaining.

It was extremely well put together, IMO.

Im looking forward to seeing it, growing up his movies were on all the time here and we only had three stations, two of them would have elvis movies on, followed by jerry lewis movies. Put one on for my kids the other day, they enjoyed it but watching it through adult eyes today they are pretty corny.

There are a few review articles that point out some of the things in it that didn't happen, from what I understand, it is mostly accurate.

An interesting thing I saw last week, Colin Powell knew Elvis when he was in the military and was his superior officer. He said that Elvis was just like any other pimply faced young solider and that he did his work just like the others. He said that he was always polite and respectful and that he liked him a lot.

A lady I knew very well died last week at age 92. She grew up in Corinth Mississippi and used to double date with Elvis in high school.

I was wondering how accurate it was. That is really good if they kept it fairly accurate and that entertaining.

It was extremely well put together, IMO.
A couple of things exaggerated was during the 68 comeback, the colonel was running around puzzled all the time that Elvis wasn't doing Christmas songs; however, the premise that the colonel wanted a Christmas special and Elvis did not was accurate, and the special itself in black leather was very accurate. Also, Elvis's return to performing at Vegas played out more like 1970 Vegas than his actual return in 1969. There were a couple of songs out of chronological order, but those type of things didn't matter much.

Some parts of the movie were fast paced, and no attention was given to the Ed Sullivan Show, and very little focus on his movie career, but I suppose those things weren't necessary to tell the story of Elvis and the Colonel.

Mostly young skinny Elvis. The fat Elvis was shown briefly at the end, and my kids said for them, it was an emotional scene.
I would say the same. It was pretty somber in the theater. It almost had a lighter, memorial feel.

There were three older ladies, at least late 60s, next to us. Pretty sure one or multiple of them teared up a couple times.

Latest posts