Eggs

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good dishes to make out of eggs? Slick I sell eggs left and right and this is what I still have left :lol:

IMG_20161013_211130341_zps6pym6ktn.jpg

Do you like old fashioned custard? Try Rose Acre farms website, they have a custard recipe that I make when the hens are laying good, but I also have my own milk too. Kills 2 birds with one stone for me. They are an egg company, and they have some good recipes besides the custard. I found it on an egg carton that was recycled and I was getting them to sell my pastured eggs, and then went on the website and found some other good stuff.

Sky you could use some and make a heck of an omelet, any chance you have any cheese?

Looks like my kitchen. It gets worse when they're really laying. I've thought about cooking them and feeding the chickens with them. When you have 10-12 dozen sitting around, they need to go somewhere.

When I would have an overstock like that we would scramble them and feed them back to the chickens as they are loaded with protein. As far as recipes go we've made many a giant fritata, even freezing the leftovers.

Thanks farmer jan and Alan nope no cheese here... I sold some and have decided to cook my workers breakfast in the morning for a week that should clean up the overstock. Slick never thought about feeding them the eggs.

Caustic Burno":ijyc3b8h said:
Cheaper to buy eggs and sleep better
I wore out a model 12 keeping critters from turning the Mrs chickens into turds. Lost a lot of sleep as well.

You got that right, we have a few chickens now and have had for many years. All are in molt now haven't seen a egg in a few weeks. Just a guess, but maybe $4 to $5 per dozen, no eggs now so I bought 18 at the store for .99 with a coupon. Will keep chickens though :?

I love my chickens more than the eggs they produce. I hatch my own and raise them to almost laying age then sell them. These young city gals with backyard flocks will pay some really good money for pretty chickens.

Sky, all them eggs , four large onions,two pounds of cheese. Then, Me and you, ready to turn the deer dogs loose.you hear em , I can

HDRider":3velt6dk said:
You don't have any cheese? Say it ain't so.

Did your doctor restrict your diet?

Yes it was a sad day but its all better and loaded with cheese now - side note ive always been on restricted diet by my Dr.

Caustic Burno":3velt6dk said:
I wore out a model 12 keeping critters from turning the Mrs chickens into turds. Lost a lot of sleep as well.

True but my family loves them my son told me he doesn't want to play foot ball anymore he wants to be a chicken farmer :shock: The chickens don 't have predators because there in my back yard beside the kids and wifes dogs.

Alan":3velt6dk said:
Caustic Burno":3velt6dk said:

You got that right, we have a few chickens now and have had for many years. All are in molt now haven't seen a egg in a few weeks. Just a guess, but maybe $4 to $5 per dozen, no eggs now so I bought 18 at the store for .99 with a coupon. Will keep chickens though :?

same here ;-)

slick4591":3velt6dk said:
I love my chickens more than the eggs they produce. I hatch my own and raise them to almost laying age then sell them. These young city gals with backyard flocks will pay some really good money for pretty chickens.

I will do that next spring cause they pass ordinances where cities around can have chickens just no roosters

hurleyjd":3velt6dk said:
pickle some of them

Great idea

M-5":3velt6dk said:
Or throw them at hrc signs

I respect my eggs more than do that.. Maybe doggy doo is fitting there

JSCATTLE":3velt6dk said:
Looks like you need to make some chicken and dumplings

:mad: :shock: :shock: I hate chicken and dumplings

3LEGGED1":3velt6dk said:
Sky, all them eggs , four large onions,two pounds of cheese. Then, Me and you, ready to turn the deer dogs loose.you hear em , I can

I stopped running them this week so it doesn't make the deer all nervious since black powder is coming first week of November. If you were here that wouldn't be nothing but a word I will collar them up and drop the tailgate anytime.

Today I did egg baskets. You need baskets for muffins, bacon and eggs. Fold the thin slices of bacon in the basket, break the egg into the middle of the basket and bake it in an oven.