Educate me about forages for horses in southern OH

Help Support CattleToday:

Chris H

Reaction score
What's the top 3 preferred pasture forage for horses?
What's your preferred hay, and for what class of animal(working, brood mares, foals, lazy, etc)?
I'd like to hear from people in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, since that's the climate & soils I'm working with.

Thanks

Well, I don't fit any of your guidelines for preferred status, but I believe I can tell you the number one preferred forage for horses - and that is Timothy. As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.

msscamp":16foagwp said:
As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.

Well, why did you even bother to answer with this? That's really an obnoxious attitude. Please don't respond to any more of my posts unless you have something of value to add.

Besides, this is neither 'homework' nor are they 'my horses'.

Chris H":nfhk5q7z said:
msscamp":nfhk5q7z said:
As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.

Well, why did you even bother to answer with this? That's really an obnoxious attitude. Please don't respond to any more of my posts unless you have something of value to add.

Must be having a bad day. Didn't seem like she was looking to get educated.

Jim62":2zsvehsz said:
Chris H":2zsvehsz said:
msscamp":2zsvehsz said:

Must be having a bad day. Didn't seem like she was looking to get educated.

Jim, msscamp lives in a much different area of the US than where I do and I made it clear I wanted to hear from people in my locale, or at least had experience in this locale.
As far as saying "the number one preferred forage for horses - and that is Timothy", give me a break. I know forages, but if I didn't, how much help is it to say that? Did she say "it's the best hay", did she say "it's the best pasture"? If I knew nothing about forages and took her advice I might plant a field to timothy and expect it to be the best pasture there is for horses. Do you see how little 'education' she provided? And that was the only 'advice' she gave, the rest was just poor attitude.

Latest posts