Ebonys Trademark

Help Support CattleToday:

Dimitar

Reaction score
Anyone on here ever used him. I currently have 4 cows and 2 bred hiefers out of him . All are out of 5 quiet cows. Some fullblood simmys, some purebred. Anyway, out of the 6 , four of them are wild crazy things (the worst for temperment in my herd) and 2 are quiet.
I still have 10 straws off him in the tank but I'm reluctant to use them. Does anyone else have temperment issues with this bulls offspring ?

The ASA is just beginning to collect disposition data and released it's first batch of data in the October Register. It's a small batch of data, and the cow is 50% of the equation, but you may find it interesting that a son of Trademark was at the bottom of list (worst disposition scores) by a large margin. Trademark himself was not listed. FWIW. Never used him myself.

Thanks for the reply , I figured something was up when I could'nt even sell the remaining straws for what I paid for them.
Is any of this disposition data available on line ?

I find this topic interesting. I have 2 Trademark yearlings that we've been showing all year, and they're very different in there disposition.

The junior yearling is calm and relaxed and I've never seen her kick or anything ever. The senior yearling is very insecure and trusts nobody, she can't be alone without an other animal or she loses her mind; I've never seen anything like it. She's been to at least 15 shows, and is rinsed and blown dry 4x's a week, yet she will still slam you into the wall, and kick you every chance she gets. If she wasn't so good, she'd be in my freezer, instead I can't wait to turn her out and let her be a cow.

That's funny, 2 weeks ago one of my trademark cows had a calf with a bladder infection , so I brought them both up to the yard for a couple days to treat the calf and the cow lost her marbles. The calf died (her bladder perforated) and when I let the crazy cow back to pasture she never bawled for her calf once and never even showed any interest in going near the corrals where her calf died when the herd came up for water. I also have a cow and a bred hiefer out of Trademark that are really quiet and easy to work with but the other four should be shot. If they don't mellow out a bit they will be.

Latest posts