East Texas Ranchers

Help Support CattleToday:

Yer always welcome to come my way Caustic, Navasota Sale barn is an old established place and the prices always tend to be a few cents higher than surrounding area sales.

Just a couple of years ago our local (20 miles) auction barn went under. Now we have to bring 'em around 50 miles. It's made a niche market for guys with trailers, hauling almost everyday. It costs us a lttle more per head to get em there, but not too much (about a $6 to $8/head)

Rekon you'll be going to Crockett now, Caustic? Is there still an auction in Livingston? I haven't been up there in a while. What others are in the area?

CJ

bullred":12fmzrz7 said:
Rekon you'll be going to Crockett now, Caustic? Is there still an auction in Livingston? I haven't been up there in a while. What others are in the area?

CJ

Yeah Crockett will be seeing more of us, Livingston is still in operation was always small. I picked up a cheap girl to calf and haul later in the year at Livingston. Lot of cattle went through Livingston by Livingston standards. Problem with Livingston is they just didn't attract the big buyers like Lufkin and Crockett they might now.

Well if you feel like a drive one Monday you ought to come down here to Raywood. I haven't been since they moved into the new facility but I've heard that they're starting to get some more buyers in now.

Latest posts