East Texans--are you seeing a lot of tiny white winged

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
critters? About 1/2 the size of a horn fly or the size of a small gnat tho white instead of black but I don't see them on the cows--just around the yard and on the porch. They fly so slow they look like they are floating.
Never seen them here before but there are hordes of them now for about 2 weeks.
Whut are they?

Neighbor this morning told me they were from army worms--something I've never had, but I always thought army worm adult moth were a LOT bigger than these tiny things, and darker wings. These things aren't much bigger than the head of a pin--about 1/4 the size of a baby aspirin.

Seeing all kinds of insect and weed oddities this year tho.

greybeard":6qj79x5p said:
Neighbor this morning told me they were from army worms--something I've never had, but I always thought army worm adult moth were a LOT bigger than these tiny things, and darker wings. These things aren't much bigger than the head of a pin--about 1/4 the size of a baby aspirin.

Seeing all kinds of insect and weed oddities this year tho.

Army worm moths are bigger. About a inch

peg4x4":2g73q6nm said:
Asian Hackberry Woolly Aphid ??
I don't think so but maybe. These, the body is dark brown and wings snow white. We do have lots of native hackberry nearby tho.

whitefly.jpg

white flys

greybeard":2xv4vuiq said:
critters? About 1/2 the size of a horn fly or the size of a small gnat tho white instead of black but I don't see them on the cows--just around the yard and on the porch. They fly so slow they look like they are floating.
Never seen them here before but there are hordes of them now for about 2 weeks.
Whut are they?

Go to the eye doctor and get your cataracts fixed and those floaters will disappear. :hide:

Latest posts