Ears per acre ?

Help Support CattleToday:

peacemaker

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place for this post.
I dont grow corn but I leased out about 15 acres to a local farmer to plant field corn. I wasnt using the land for anything and he does everything even mills & bags it. I get 20%.
So I was wondering roughly how much corn I might be getting.
I know it depends on the corn. I can say it looks like some of the best corn in the area. It seems he knows how to grow the corn....
Just looking for a rough guess.
Thanks

peacemaker":yttlwam9 said:
I get 20%. So I was wondering roughly how much corn I might be getting. I know it depends on the corn. I can say it looks like some of the best corn in the area. It seems he knows how to grow the corn....
Just looking for a rough guess.
Thanks

Corn is generally measured by the bushel/acre, and that is going to depend on the seed, how good the irrigator was, whether the water was delivered on time to the growing crop, the quality of the field it was planted in, whether it was level or had high and low spots, fertilizer, whether it was side dressed or not, pest control, temps, etc. In other words, any guess would be just that - a guess.

The US average corn yield is about 150 bu per acre.

15 acres should produce about 2250 bushels, your share 20% would be 450 bu.

Thing is, corn yields can go from 0 to over 300 bu per acre.

If every plant is 7 to 8 ft tall, has a big ripe ear, and plants are 8" apart or less, rows spaced 30" all this you will have 150 bu + corn.

mnmt

I planted and fertilized for 150-bushel corn but with the drought, it only made 16 bushels to the acre. I had it in the NAP program and still waiting for my check.

Latest posts