Early Pregnancy?

Help Support CattleToday:

edb130

Reaction score
The following are pictures of my son's show heifer this last summer. The bull got her June 9th (broke down the new cattle pannels I had just put up) and the vet confirmed pregnancy the other day. Do you think she might have trouble or is she big enough. She weighs 1090 and is 52.5" tall at 13 months. Vet thinks if we keep a close eye on her she should be big enough. She should be due March 20th. In the first picture she is the one on the right.
DSC01102.jpg

Rear view.
DSC01110.jpg

She should be fine. Of course some of that depends on the bull that bred her. Most of our heifers only weigh 1000-1100 lbs when we calve them out.

She is pretty good sized, and we breed at 15 months or so to calve by 2 yrs. She will grow through the pregnancy. I believe either they have it or not..like a post dun had made..sometimes the big ones have problems and the little ones are fine, depends on the insides. She looks okay to me.

I think alot of the folks don't remember the stats I've read is that 90 % of cattle calve unassisted fine.... I don't know where those 10 % are that don't, but I hope they don't show up at my place.

Latest posts