Eagle versus buzzard

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Friend snapped this picture and sent it to me. The two were having an argument over some food and looks like the mexican buzzard lost.

12932966_10206423915098452_1627224692424649924_n.jpg

12936725_10206423915258456_697810988940194244_n.jpg

Gawd I hope peta don't read this--be a matter of time before Workinonit's buzzards start camping out with BLM signs..

Bald eagles pretty thick here have seen road kill deer covered with buzzards the evil ones. Eagle come in and they are no longer welcome at the table. Seen a dozen or more the other day waiting on the eagle to leave.

The eagles out number the buzzards around here. But I never really noticed much difference in them. They both hang around waiting to find something dead to eat.

greybeard":10ft05pr said:
Gawd I hope peta don't read this--be a matter of time before Workinonit's buzzards start camping out with BLM signs..

Bite your tongue! That's all I need. Like these hateful birds aren't enough. :lol2:

Last fall here in Middle GA, I saw a bald eagle with some Mexican vultures right next to the road. It shocked me so to see that white head among the black ones that I told my husband that there was one with a white head! He then informed me that it was a bald eagle. That is only the second one that I have ever seen here. We sure do not need them, as the vultures are bad enough.

I don't think the bald eagles would go after newborn calves and they're lazy hunters that would rather to scavenging.

Muddy":3hnnry8b said:
I don't think the bald eagles would go after newborn calves and they're lazy hunters that would rather to scavenging.

I have never seen a Bald Eagle going after (killing) a live animal, except for fish. I have only ever seen them at carrion. Red-headed regular Turkey vultures same thing. Now those hateful black vultures, the ones in the pic I posted, I ahve seen them go after live animals. Tearing up newborn calves.

The last 2 years I have taken to moving any soon-to-calve cows/heifers close to the house, where I can keep an eye out for calving and hateful vultures.

The pic I posted, was right near our old barn, by the creek.

We always have a healthy population of bald eagles here and they would wait in the trees and swooping down to grab afterbirth and ignore any sleeping calves. The only live foods they eat would be fish, waterfowl and occasionally lapdogs. Pretty much the roads supplied the bald eagle with roadkills. Only predators I need to be worry about would be coyotes and wolves. No black vultures here....yet.

Had a Bald Eagle pick off a pigeon in front of me one time in beautiful down town Ketchikan. But mostly you see them hanging around garbage dumps. I have had them hopping around in the pasture eating afterbirth but never mess with a calf. Buddy of mine lost about 15 new lambs to them last spring.

Latest posts