Dry er 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

I destocked 30% of my cows. Kept all my calves. Plan to turn the bull in on all the heifers and see what shakes out. If it gets super dry, i guess they will be feeders.

I think many Weather Guessers pull up the USDA drought map, then look out the window, and blame it on ocean currents. The last Successful Farming mag had several dry er articles - - including a spring soil moisture map and how tos for planting into dust.

Last edited:
I bought some extra hay last fall, will be putting some cows on CL, and have almost all my heifer calves. Net I should have 4 to 5 months of hay on hand this spring.

I think we will see a nice run on cattle prices in 2022, but that seems like a long way off.

We are experiencing a Pacific Ocean La Nina which for us can produce above average rainfall. November was extremely dry and hot however the La Nina seems to have started delivering in December. My understanding is that in the other side of the Pacific the opposite occurs and results in dry conditions. for you people.

Ken

We are experiencing a Pacific Ocean La Nina which for us can produce above average rainfall. November was extremely dry and hot however the La Nina seems to have started delivering in December. My understanding is that in the other side of the Pacific the opposite occurs and results in dry conditions. for you people.

Ken
True, except for the lucky guys in the SE part of the US, who get a hurricane every four to eight weeks.

Latest posts