drought

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":htbrj1zz said:
that about 170k head?? probably wouldnt be bad spread over the whole state... but knocking out complete herds, thats the sad part.

Most people here that haven't sold out are down 60 to 70%.

Well it is raining again second time in a week, might be able to get some winter pasture in.

Caustic Burno":iimivyv1 said:
ALACOWMAN":iimivyv1 said:
that about 170k head?? probably wouldnt be bad spread over the whole state... but knocking out complete herds, thats the sad part.

Most people here that haven't sold out are down 60 to 70%.

Well it is raining again second time in a week, might be able to get some winter pasture in.
hope yall get what you need,,, there was some good looking braford f1s momas in that video... it had to be hard to turn loose of

Neighbor's and I both sold some fine commercial and registered girls this year.

I hung on to my best registered girls picked up a couple of fine heifer's in trade for a six month old bull.
They were 3/4 Herf 1/8 Char and 1/8 Brimmer. I would have liked to packed the trailer full with them to sell next spring breed to an Angus.

the only thing weve really sold in this drought is weaned bull calves.trying to get 2 cowboys set up to worm tipp horns an brand cattle as soon as they can.then we will send some more calves to the sale along with culls.the cowboys spotted the new squeeze chute an they say man we gonna get to use a new squeeze chute that works.

There are cattle being brought to this area from Tx, and most likely helping to bring prices down. The temptation was so great that I had to buy my first cattle in over 30 years. I have mixed feelings, recalling how sad it was to have to give up cattle due to a bad market
and high costs years ago, but the drought being my chance to get some nice cows.

Latest posts