dun

Reaction score
Apparantly January was a drought month, only 1.76 inches. Since then it's been:
Feb 4.92
Mar 10.12
Apr 5.98
May 5.10 (so far as of 5/27)

Normal annual precip is 42.5 inches.

We've had decent rain up until this month. I sure hated to think about going into summer already dry, but the last three days we've caught up for the month. We had 2 inches last night alone. That put us above what we normally get in May. I'd rather have had it spread out over the entire month, of course, but won't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Well, I know I'm far away from all of you but I just want to vent that things started out really good here. After a very dry last year, we seemed right on track with our rainfall up to March which is normally really wet. Everything just shut down and started drying up. So then in May it gets blistering hot over 100, breaks a heat record, and we have high winds and a 2,000 acre fire just one valley over. Week later, the temperature drops down 47 degrees (not kidding) and we get over 2 inches of unseasonal rain just in time to mold all the hay that's been cut and is laying in the fields. So much for stocking the barn early and getting a good deal. :???:

Just saw the drought index on the news last night. We are in the red for most of central Fl. Some places have gotten some decent rain but the picture says no. My area is 12 inches short of normal so far this year.

Latest posts