Drive Thru

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Made an interesting discovery this afternoon. You know those arms that stick out over the order station for fast food restaurnts with "Low Clearance" on them? Had a pallet of cubes on the back of my truck this evening and it looked like it would fit. Wrong. The "Dummy Guage" at our local Burger King is now at a 45 degree angle. Oops.

cfpinz

Did the same thing once when my work got new group home vans. They were tall in the back you your could stand up when you tied down the wheelchairs. Several times, in fact, staff would drive into things not knowing how tall we really were. Finally posted a note in all six vans, This van is 9 feet tall. It WILL NOT fit through drive in windows or awnings. DO NOT ATTEMPT.

Ouch. I bet that was embarrassing. I sometimes pull dual-wheeled tractors on my trailer and have repositoned DOT signs, mailboxes and trashcans set too close to the roadway. Ever seen a spinning mailbox? Rare but a sight to see. :nod:

Sounds like the Bill Engval deal about the trucker going under a bridge to low. Here's your sign!

cfpinz":1cte7ni8 said:
Made an interesting discovery this afternoon. You know those arms that stick out over the order station for fast food restaurnts with "Low Clearance" on them? Had a pallet of cubes on the back of my truck this evening and it looked like it would fit. Wrong. The "Dummy Guage" at our local Burger King is now at a 45 degree angle. Oops.

cfpinz
What we really want to know is did you have to board the "Porcelain Bus" about 45 min. after your supper with the "King" :shock:

Crowderfarms":wo5umr5g said:
What we really want to know is did you have to board the "Porcelain Bus" about 45 min. after your supper with the "King" :shock:

The King lives in Graceland, but I've seen him around a time or two. My Mom saw him at the Pennsylvania Farm Show about 15 years ago, and come to think of it, it was at a Burger King. Coincidence? I think not.

Jo - I'm pretty hard to embarass, the only one laughing harder me was the girl working the drive-up window. But she gave me extra ketchup.

Misty - You're a poet and didn't know it.

cfpinz

backhoeboogie":37ktontm said:
cfpinz":37ktontm said:
But she gave me extra ketchup.
cfpinz

How much do you get for BK ketchup on eBay?

The ketchup is cheap but the shipping/handling will get you!

We met the wife's parents in town last night for dinner. The clearance arm is still a bit skewed.

cfpinz

cfpinz":3his23ir said:
We met the wife's parents in town last night for dinner. The clearance arm is still a bit skewed.

cfpinz

Did you proudly announce that now you're in the remodeling business?

dun":3dh83ev4 said:
cfpinz":3dh83ev4 said:

cfpinz

Did you proudly announce that now you're in the remodeling business?

I think they're proud. Jack of all trades, master of none.

cfpinz":16x7dnxk said:
backhoeboogie":16x7dnxk said:
cfpinz":16x7dnxk said:
But she gave me extra ketchup.
cfpinz

How much do you get for BK ketchup on eBay?

The ketchup is cheap but the shipping/handling will get you!

cfpinz
And ate Burger Kang again? How long do you get to play on the playground?

How'd you get so lucky to have in-laws that will eat BK?

Don't feel too bad cfpinz. Years ago I had one those sky rise 4x4 trucks with that 10 foot steel whip antenna reaching for the stars. I drove through the bank drive through and proceeded to break all the fluorescent tubes out of their lights. I pulled up to the window and told them they should really put covers on those things. It was so funny, glass flying and falling everywhere. Took a month to get it all out the back of the truck. :cboy:

Would everyone please note: Our old buddy cf is from VIRGINIA! This is not to be confused with WEST VIRGINIA - in the state of WEST VIRGINIA we are able to do just enough math to avoid such collisions! Any math beyond this level - is outsourced for further analysis.
Botttom line - were any cubes harmed during this incident?

Bullbuyer":2nsp3p1l said:
Would everyone please note: Our old buddy cf is from VIRGINIA! This is not to be confused with WEST VIRGINIA - in the state of WEST VIRGINIA we are able to do just enough math to avoid such collisions! Any math beyond this level - is outsourced for further analysis.
Botttom line - were any cubes harmed during this incident?

No cubes were harmed in the incident, can't say much for the King's sign, though.

The only drive-thrus in West Virginia are at the state pen, so you can swing by and see Grandmaw after the Sunday lunch buffet at Shoney's and still make it home in time for wrastlin'.

flaboy":37iy9ifs said:
Don't feel too bad cfpinz. Years ago I had one those sky rise 4x4 trucks with that 10 foot steel whip antenna reaching for the stars. I drove through the bank drive through and proceeded to break all the fluorescent tubes out of their lights. I pulled up to the window and told them they should really put covers on those things. It was so funny, glass flying and falling everywhere. Took a month to get it all out the back of the truck. :cboy:
And you natter on endlessly about us yank drivers! :roll:

MistyMorning":pbdl4073 said:
flaboy":pbdl4073 said:
And you natter on endlessly about us yank drivers! :roll:

The difference being, the Southerner would stop, tell them about it, apologize, and offer to repair. The yank would B and moan about the glass scratching their paint and file a law suit. :cowboy:

If those yanks could engineer, these things wouldn't happen. Don't ya just love it when you pull into a parking spot and tires hang over both sides of the yellow line. Worst of all is the bank tellers - I get through with a whole inch of clearance on each rear fender.

Edit: I forgot to define "driveway". A driveway is a spot designed ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY to park your car in lieu of clogging up the street.

Latest posts