dozer hrly rates

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
was thinking about dozing off some fence rows.an putting in some new fences.so i talked to a friend of mine an asked what they was charging an hour for a D9 CAT.an he said about $110 an hr.so we talked awhile an he said it would be cheaper for me to rent a trackhoe.an digg the brush up an pile it.so ill prolly put off doing any clearing an fencing for a year or so.esp since im thinking bout fencing an clearing 2 heavyly wooded pastures.

BB, the last time I had land cleared (3 or 4 years ago) I paid $70/hour for a D7. The operator was excellent and he had everything I wanted done in less than a day. Granted, diesel fuel was a little cheaper then and you're asking about a D9 so the price doesn't seem all that unreasonable. Also, I don't have rock to contend with so that will make some difference in how long the job will take.

I'll bet BackHoe could answer your question with some authority. A D9 is a really big tractor. You think you need that much machine for clearing a fence line?

anytime i hire a dozer its usually a D8 or D9.its just about time to doze a bunch of thorn trees.i also have 2 pools that need cleaning out.but i dont have $3000 laying around for the dozer work right now.

You are on the money with time consideration. Most of the time you will be money ahead with the bigger machine, provided you have an experienced operator.

My little caterpillar track loader will get into places that big machines can't. That is the only advantage I have. It can get under and around old growth pecans without damaging them etc.

A track hoe is going to get more root than a dozer. If you have thorn trees, go with the hoe and have them go deep into the roots then push the dirt back. Some of it is going to depend on what type soild you have. Dozers work fine in deep loam.

Track hoes can do many things dozers can't do. Things like having a few trees on one side of a fence - they can reach across the fence to get those. Their reaching capability is an advantage at times.

$110 aint bad if the minimum time is reasonable. With the drilling activities ceasing, there should be more dozer owner/operators out there who are getting hungry.

I don't hire out. I will help neighbors with small odds and ends but that's about it.

I leased a huge dozer for a week over in East Texas when we cleaned up grandaddy's place for division. It seems like it was $1400 for 40 hours on the time meter. I also filled it with off-road fuel before they came and picked it up. Cheaper than having them do it.

they want a days work for a dozer or more with is 8hrs or $880 a day.ive known the dozer operator for 37yrs.an he has been running dozers for close to 50yrs.if i rent a hoe or hire a dozer.im planning on him running it.because i can tell him what i want done an turn him loose.

Latest posts