Downers continued from catwalks closed.

Help Support CattleToday:

somn

Reaction score
Brandonm22":3sr1zk8x said:
First downers were "a major part of the industry" and there were a long list of places one could still take their downers.......now no stockyard or feedlot EVER does it......even though we both know that accidents do happen back in the pens. Your posts are starting too contradict themselves. IF no stockyard would ever or has ever loaded a downer and sent her to the dog food plant.....then why NOT come out in support of a voluntary industry wide ban of the marketing of downer livestock???
Brandomn22 you will need to show me where I ever said there was a long list of places that one could still take their downers. I said they are killed for use in mbm, whole cuts in companion foods, the list goes on and on with the exception of human consumption. As far as support a voluntary ban on marketing downers I already told you first you will need to find a sale barn that sells downers it needs to be happening before we ban it. Here Darling charges $30 a head to pick up dead stock from a sale barn or ranch or farm or whatever. And they must be dead. In order for something to be dead you must kill it first. Sounds hard to believe but it's true. If you call being charged to get rid of a downer that must be killed first marketing them I'm hoping you just give your calves away instead of marketing them.

Latest posts