Dow Jones Closing Price

Help Support CattleToday:

Theory is that a market is expected to retrace by a fibonacci per cent. Most often by 50 percent.
Both Dow and S&P have retraced right at 50 percent from the lows. Will be interesting to see if the market now begins the next leg down.

If the market continues higher from here, the next fibonnacci resistance would be 61.8 per cent, about 11,246 on the Dow.

I seldom comment to anybody about my personal wins or losses. That is the mark of a novice. But I will say I did pretty well with a recent trend trade in the gold shares. Not bad for an ignorant cowboy if I do say so myself.

I think the DJIA being down -11.11 at the same time being down .11% is highly unsual and could be a sign to another entity. Look for the market to crash any time now. Nasdaq already off 2.32%. Let's see if the Dow can close down 1,000 points today.

Ryder":2tad4h87 said:
Theory is that a market is expected to retrace by a fibonacci per cent. Most often by 50 percent.
Both Dow and S&P have retraced right at 50 percent from the lows. Will be interesting to see if the market now begins the next leg down.

If the market continues higher from here, the next fibonnacci resistance would be 61.8 per cent, about 11,246 on the Dow.

I seldom comment to anybody about my personal wins or losses. That is the mark of a novice. But I will say I did pretty well with a recent trend trade in the gold shares. Not bad for an ignorant cowboy if I do say so myself.

Good job Ryder!

Markets operate under the combined mental energy of its particpants which many times obey Fibonacci laws of the Golden Ratio much like most other natural phenomenon.

HerefordSire":15wxgex0 said:
I think the DJIA being down -11.11 at the same time being down .11% is highly unsual and could be a sign to another entity. Look for the market to crash any time now. Nasdaq already off 2.32%. Let's see if the Dow can close down 1,000 points today.
Doesn't look like it for today. Just might be a buying opportunity instead.

grannysoo":3r8pe3aq said:
Wonder what the Goldman-Sachs computer program thinks? :roll:
Ever heard of Magdalena Przybylska? She's one of the top ten hottest Polish women. I wanna know what she thinks. :D

1982vett":1unp3mq6 said:
HerefordSire":1unp3mq6 said:
Doesn't look like it for today. Just might be a buying opportunity instead.

Be careful when wall street and main street are not in synchronization. They can run on different paths, but not too long.

My firm just sent out notices required by law to fire a bunch more workers. 30% reduction after all the other cuts. There is more but can't release the info. I can say we are building a new plant in South Carolina though that just came across the AP yesterday.

grannysoo":3u55e2ih said:

The Quant and neural net software is a nifty piece of code. They wire the software up to billions of dollars in real time. They care pretty well do anything they want. When the market circuit breakers go off as the result of tankage, automated software trading is not allowed (in theory).

ga. prime":11e1loha said:
grannysoo":11e1loha said:
Ever heard of Magdalena Przybylska? She's one of the top ten hottest Polish women. I wanna know what she thinks. :D

You and I have different taste in women. I want to know what Savant thinks because she is good looking and smart. :mrgreen:

HerefordSire":2zdru6s8 said:
grannysoo":2zdru6s8 said:

The Quant and neural net software is a nifty piece of code. They wire the software up to billions of dollars in real time. They care pretty well do anything they want. When the market circuit breakers go off as the result of tankage, automated software trading is not allowed (in theory).

Nifty indeed. That's the reason that the common investor is going to make so much money in the future. :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grannysoo":2n6no86o said:
HerefordSire":2n6no86o said:
grannysoo":2n6no86o said:

Nifty indeed. That's the reason that the common investor is going to make so much money in the future. :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The machines they run the software on can literally perform trillions of logic calulations per second. No way a human can compete. We can get lucky and be on the same side though.

HerefordSire":1v6lfjlr said:
ga. prime":1v6lfjlr said:
You and I have different taste in women. I want to know what Savant thinks because she is good looking and smart. :mrgreen:
Not so fast HS! I'm a big believer in Marylin. :D

ga. prime":2zbo84t7 said:
HerefordSire":2zbo84t7 said:
ga. prime":2zbo84t7 said:
Not so fast HS! I'm a big believer in Marylin. :D

She sure is appealing. I wouldn't need to read anymore, I could just ask her questions. I wonder what her body looks like?

Latest posts