Door Leaks; Figured It Out And

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I am PO'd!
The Pella guys came out and the double doors in the basement there is no caulking under it! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
The guys ran a flat blade under the sill and it went completely through without hitting anything but the sill on the other side. Need to pull the door and put a sill plate under it and use some polyurthane caulk under it.
All 5 doors need to be pulled and have flashing put under them to repel the water. No looking forward to it.
Thinking about just having the Pella installers come out and do it. We are really busy right now.

On a good note got more Roxul insulation ordered today to put between the walls in the rooms through the house.

glad yall finally found the prob.hope you get it fixed soon.sounds like some1 wasnt doing their job when they was installed.

Called the Pella service guy and I am suppose to hear from him on Monday about the cost of having them remove the doors and re-install them.

Ordered 22 bundles of Roxul to put between the studs on the wall 2x4's. Should have it in a couple weeks.
Working at the store til Monday though then I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday. Hope to get the final window and wall done those days. Just been too cold to polyurathane it.
just glad I have the job.

Hubby got my lilacs planted around the house today too. So our wind break is done!

For that much money I would want them windows installed proper. What would be the benefit of em in the long run if they are not attached to the structure proper?

king the windows are not leaking just the doors. Will help once we get the porch around the house.

Haven't heard from Pella but one of my favorite customers is a contractor and I have heard some great things about him. Talked to him tonight and he is going to come out and give us a bid to remove the doors, install the flashing and re-install them.

Latest posts