Dog Bites

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
My catahoula leopard hound caught my wife this morning, thank GOD her bulldog came over and attack him or he would have .....
Forty-five stiches in her calf, more in her arm, and butt. Had gumbo for five years still can't believe it I guess you never know were all still in shock. Thank GOD she's back home with us.

I have a buddy who had one a few yrs ago and one day when the dog was about 4 I stopped by to see him and didn't see the dog. I asked where's your dog and he says I shot him last week. He scared me so bad I would not live with him another day.....and believe me when I say this exMarine, ex State Patrolman, Sheriff is not scared of anything.

sorry to hear that
Hope everything goes well for your wife and she heals quickly

around here several yrs ago a friend of the family went to feed his Bird dogs one of them attacked him and was in bad shape
his son was with him or otherwise it probably wouldn't have turned out good at all
he also had had this dog several yrs and his son said as his dad was walking towards the dog he just ran and attacked
no reason for it at all

Thanks ya'll, wife's doing great. Health dept. called they wanted to quarantine gumbo, I told them he was in doggy heaven. Wife had to find the receipts for the rabies vaccine so she wouldn't have to get the shots. Hard to believe the damage a dog can do.

Not that hard to believe. I still have nerve damage in my right arm from a dog gnawing on it 20 years ago. Instead of feeding him my arm maybe I should have not blocked him and just let him rip out my throat since that's what he was aiming for.

I used to be a meter reader for 3 years. I had a round with just about every kind of dog. Never had a problem out of a Rottweiler or pit bull, it was the mutts that would get you every time. And the only good Chow is a dead one.

tripleBfarms":1qucmw99 said:
I used to be a meter reader for 3 years. I had a round with just about every kind of dog. Never had a problem out of a Rottweiler or pit bull, it was the mutts that would get you every time. And the only good Chow is a dead one.
My feelings exactly

dun":3tfnyrp5 said:
tripleBfarms":3tfnyrp5 said:
My feelings exactly

Most groomers will not take chows and even some vets require the dog to be muzzled before they are seen/treated .

I hope your wife is not traumatized to badly by this and wish her a speedy recovery ..

I have a friend who has 2 sharpeis, its a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion, but she loves them. Its the worst tempered dogs I've ever seen in my life and it seems they also never get used to people.

dun":fptcab1q said:
tripleBfarms":fptcab1q said:
My feelings exactly

I have has two and both of the little b--tards bit me. I am NOT a fast learner!!!!!!!!! :frowns: